CJohn

Godzilla: King of the Monsters | May 31 2019 | NO SPOILERS

As expected after the trailer, the Rodan introduction scene was the highlight for me. 

Nice a shot at 65-80m ow all...Godzilla is roaring amongst the fans and general audiences. And whats very cool is that the female crowd are enjoying this even more than males!!

Audience praise at 95% recommend. This could have very very nice legs domestically and OS. 

This is godzilla's world and you puny mortals just live in it!! 😎

• Like 1

The saddest thing about the Jan De Bont version being scrapped is that the Godzilla design by Stan Winston’s studio was excellent. Winston was going to do the animatronics (possibly with ILM handling the CGI, just the way they teamed up on Jurassic Park?)

The Patrick Tatopoulos Godzilla design was weak. I know what they were going for, but it didn’t work.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Nice a shot at 65-80m ow all...Godzilla is roaring amongst the fans and general audiences. And whats very cool is that the female crowd are enjoying this even more than males!!

Audience praise at 95% recommend. This could have very very nice legs domestically and OS. 

This is godzilla's world and you puny mortals just live in it!! 😎

Where are you getting this "95% recommend" figure from? 

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

It's doing what it was projected to do..somewhere between 50 and 60 Million dollars. It will do well but not be a massive hit.

You seem to have wide definition of "rule". But then I note you cheerlead for just about every big budget movie that comes along..something I just don't get.

Actually it doing above expectations. And looking to make 400-550+ m in China. You obviously dont know what rule equates to. But hey I guess another of your naysaying didnt come true.. Godzilla definitely has a shot at 700-800 + mil ww

. Now thats smacking over Kong and the original 2014 film and destroying any Godzilla bo run  in history!!

On your cheering ever movie nonsense. That statement is about as bogus as your Avatar is old news nonsense. Lol..Only a few films pull Kal's interest. Sorry. I leave the irrelevant flaming to you and our comic fbs on here😁

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Sheldon relax man. That’s 400-500 million in YUAN that it’ll make opening weekend... around 60-65 million usd. Will make something like 110-140m usd there in total.

Posted (edited)

Rt audience score 90% . Loving this...800-900m ww or better for Godzilla 2? 😱😱

Where those hating cronies sayiing this is a 300-400m we flop?? Lmao

Can Godzilla 2 surpass fast and the furious and others on China's big bad boy american law dog bo film list. So far transformers and ff films and endgame reaped the huge pot of gold.(250-600 m usd range) Lets go Godzilla2

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/05/31/godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-audience-score-smashes-rotten-tomatoes-tomatometer-into-oblivion/

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Like 1
  • Not Cool 1

2 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Sheldon relax man. That’s 400-500 million in YUAN that it’ll make opening weekend... around 60-65 million usd. Will make something like 110-140m usd there in total.

Uh no. One of the big China promo companies is promoting it. Its expected to make 250-400 m or more in China. 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Uh no. One of the big China promo companies is promoting it. Its expected to make 250-400 m or more in China. 👍

I love your enthusiasm but opening day does not suggest a crazy run like that. 

3 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Rt audience score 90% . Loving this...800-900m ww or better for Godzilla 2? 😱😱

Where those hating cronies sayiing this is a 300-400m we flop?? Lmao

What is going on, why numbers so big ?

Just now, Barnack said:

Its Kal. Dont take his predictions too seriously.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Love your optimism, but this is borderline delusional.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Legs expected to be huge in China and Japan. Time will tell but the audiences in china are saying its a.must see. So I'm hoping for 200-300m or more there. So depending on the us box office. Could take us into 600-700m up ww territory.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hokkaido MUTO said:

Love your optimism, but this is borderline delusional.

You obviously havent seen me and others winning over the past 2 decades against the naysayers. Lol. Transformers1 prediction dead.on, avatar , mummy with tom cruise will tank. Finding dory and Incredibles. Godzillas 2014 ow. Captain America 2..Just a few of my wins in bo forums. Lol I think many folks here are delusional. Especially with Eg and sw lol. Still if I were you I'd wait before stating 650-700 m or more is outta the question. Market expansion in key territories has hit 40-200%. 

Could be in Gmans favor.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Can Godzilla 2 surpass fast and the furious and others on China's big bad boy american law dog bo film list

No, it can't. It might do $150m but it's certainly not getting close to $250-300m in China. 

• Disbelief 1

Posted (edited)

I Want to talk about something I hadn’t really thought about before in regards to the future of the Monsterverse. What does Legendary have besides the Monsterverse and now I guess Pokémon? Absolutely nothing! There’s going to be some misses along the way but they shouldn’t give up on these franchises. I know the general consensus is it’s over after GvsKong... but I want Legendary to come out and say so, so that “dreaming fans” can move on.

Edited by Cookson

16 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Audience reactions are amazing domestically and abroad could hold off the competition bigtime. Lets wait and 👀

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

No, it can't. It might do $150m but it's certainly not getting close to $250-300m in China. 

We will see but im told some are liking it more than the comic films..Amazing wom spreads and Godzilla has 65 yrs of fans who some will decide to trickle in. 150m is definitely not the ceiling.   Some said titanic would be dead to with its 30m ow. Ahem Wom is everything!! Again this is Godzilla taking on King Ghidora. So we will 👀

saw this earlier this afternoon in IMAX and...I loved it :)  This was the display out front.  I took a selfie with it too, but I don't need to add another monster to the movie :P

62012163_10156709738822054_4282470345622

I even got a small, free IMAX poster.  Some people had full size ones and they said something about a special ticket, but I couldn't find anything about it, but I didn't need to spend more money  lol

but overall, a lot of fun and all the payoff I was expecting.  I may see it again in the theater :) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1