CJohn

Godzilla: King of the Monsters | May 31 2019 | NO SPOILERS

23 minutes ago, Cookson said:

I love your enthusiasm but opening day does not suggest a crazy run like that. 

Neither did Avatar or Titanic,

Star treks 2009, Live die repeat run. Good films suprise thanks to wom

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, 75Live said:

saw this earlier this afternoon in IMAX and...I loved it :)  This was the display out front.  I took a selfie with it too, but I don't need to add another monster to the movie :P

62012163_10156709738822054_4282470345622

I even got a small, free IMAX poster.  Some people had full size ones and they said something about a special ticket, but I couldn't find anything about it, but I didn't need to spend more money  lol

but overall, a lot of fun and all the payoff I was expecting.  I may see it again in the theater :) 

9 minutes ago, 75Live said:

saw this earlier this afternoon in IMAX and...I loved it :)  This was the display out front.  I took a selfie with it too, but I don't need to add another monster to the movie :P

62012163_10156709738822054_4282470345622

I even got a small, free IMAX poster.  Some people had full size ones and they said something about a special ticket, but I couldn't find anything about it, but I didn't need to spend more money  lol

but overall, a lot of fun and all the payoff I was expecting.  I may see it again in the theater :) 

Awesome man. Hey 75 buddy!! Are you still watching the flash etc? Oh and the Godzilla 2 audience at your showing, would you say crowd reaction was through the roof? Any audience applause etc? I think this film is going to suprise 75 live.😎 . The Gman fans are coming. ...

Godzilla is king.... Can he hold off the contenders? 

Edited by Sheldon Cr

Just now, Sheldon Cr said:

Awesome man. Would you say crowd reaction was through the roof. Any audience applause etc? I think this film is going to suprise😎 

it was early afternoon so it wasn't a huge crowd, but yes everyone there seemed to be into it.  Lots of reactions and talking during and yes applause at the end too.  So just with my viewing, I'd say the reaction was all positive

• Like 1

@baumer knowing your problems with the 2014 Godzilla, i really think youre gonna love this one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

They should push back Godzilla vs Kong

Movie’s already done filming, so if they feel they need to do some major reshoots, they have plenty of time for it. 

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

Movie’s already done filming, so if they feel they need to do some major reshoots, they have plenty of time for it. 

They haven’t even done test screenings. They need to do them very soon because Adam Wingard is a massive pile of bullshit as a director. I can’t believe I’m saying this but they should remove him and replace him with someone competent at the very least. 

2 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

They haven’t even done test screenings. They need to do them very soon because Adam Wingard is a massive pile of bullshit as a director. I can’t believe I’m saying this but they should remove him and replace him with someone competent at the very least. 

That sounds like Justice League all over again. 

5 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Have you seen all his movies? Most at least?

9 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Im very much happy that youre not in charge for the movies production.

24 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

December 2020 looks empty now that Avatar has moved. Would be a fantastic release date there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, 75Live said:

it was early afternoon so it wasn't a huge crowd, but yes everyone there seemed to be into it.  Lots of reactions and talking during and yes applause at the end too.  So just with my viewing, I'd say the reaction was all positive

Thats great news 75. 😎 Feeling good about Koams chances for a victory at the bo. What are you predicting for its domestic and ww run low and high-end my friend. Good to see you on and blessings to you from the most high

27 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Thats great news 75. 😎 Feeling good about Koams chances for a victory at the bo. What are you predicting for its domestic and ww run low and high-end my friend. Good to see you on and blessings to you from the most high

Eh hard to tell.  Assuming the $60+m is right, I'd say at least around $140 DOM as a floor, but probably higher

36 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Im very much happy that youre not in charge for the movies production.

Same here for you :)

41 minutes ago, Hokkaido MUTO said:

Have you seen all his movies? Most at least?

I’ve seen The Guest, You’re Next, Blair Witch, and Death Note. If the latter two are anything to go by, is that he doesn’t know how to handle source material or something with a budget higher than $5M. Though Blair Witch looked like it cost 20 bucks. 

Damn Ghidorah was one scary motherf****. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

No, they shouldn't. I want it in 2020 and maybe even sooner. I need my fix. 

1 minute ago, tawasal said:

No, they shouldn't. I want it in 2020 and maybe even sooner. I need my fix. 

They don’t have to push it a year. Just push it to the summer or if they’re dedicated enough, to December.

4 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

They don’t have to push it a year. Just push it to the summer or if they’re dedicated enough, to December.

Summer is backed that year, even if there isn't that many big movies as this year. March or February is the best call. 

Even people who didn’t like this movie are still very excited for Godzilla vs Kong. I can see that making easy $700M+ WW if WB play their cards right. It’s like the Avengers of this monster universe they’ve created. 

• Like 2

Changing directors with a mostly complete Godzilla vs. Kong is a bad idea but I'm not opposed to moving the film up to December 2020 since Avatar isn't there anymore. It could very well be WB's biggest movie in 2020.