CJohn

Godzilla: King of the Monsters | May 31 2019 | NO SPOILERS

7 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Very disappointed in KOTM's box office (I thought over Skull Island was a given), but que sera sera. At least the movie itself was everything I wanted from a Godzilla sequel. I thought the trailers were fantastic at selling the film, but I guess the GA just isn't into kaiju battles as much as I thought.

People were already on the fence and the reviews killed any enthusiasm. The film should have been better unfortunately. 

6 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Just got back from the movie. This was absolutely fantastic. I went in sort of expecting the human characters to be terrible... no man, I had absolutely no issue here and am kind of confused by the negative there. No issues with the monsters.

fantastic movie.... if WOM gets ahold of the audience it could have good legs. CLAPPING...I had CLAPPING at the end of the movie. Great stuff.

It's too early to bury the film, but the problem might be that while the WOM of folks who saw it is great, they might have a tough time convincing people to take the plunge.

Could have the dreaded "Oh, sounds good, but I'll wait till Blu-Ray/Streaming."

Like I said, far too early to bury the film, but getting people to listen to the WOM might be the biggest hurdle right now.

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

It's too early to bury the film, but the problem might be that while the WOM of folks who saw it is great, they might have a tough time convincing people to take the plunge.

Like I said, far too early to bury the film, but getting people to listen to the WOM might be the biggest hurdle right now.

Cinema score is B+

this movie is done domestically. Just have to be blunt 

• Sad 1

B+ on Cinemascore

G14 have the same B+... Honestly, i don’t think this will be profit, all the numbers i see is meh or bad. Now based on RTH numbers, this will be lucky to make $ 50M.

Still gonna see it next weekend, i hope the crossover next year make people excited.

A bit surprised at the CinemaScore. I thought it fixed all the issues fans had with the first film. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Cinema score is B+

this movie is done domestically. Just have to be blunt 

Both Godzilla 2014 and Kong: SI had the same Cinemascore. Don’t think it means much in this franchise. 

Edited by Deja23

2 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Both Godzilla 2014 and Kong: SI had the same Cinemascore. Don’t think it means much in this franchise. 

Godzilla 2014 had bad legs though.

93 million ow and finished with 200 million domestic

2nd weekend was memorial weekend which made legs bigger than they appeared 

if godzilla kotm has same multiplayer as 2014 Godzilla. It’s like 105-106 million domestically  

25 minutes ago, Porthos said:

That could be good for Kong vs Godzilla. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Godzilla 2014 had bad legs though.

93 million ow and finished with 200 million domestic

2nd weekend was memorial weekend which made legs bigger than they appeared 

if godzilla kotm has same multiplayer as 2014 Godzilla. It’s like 105-106 million domestically  

That would be abysmal. WB can't catch a break this year

• Like 1

Legendary pictures I fear for them 

detective pikachu and kotm disappointed 

next year they have Dune and Godzilla vs Kong 

2 big budget movies. That I don’t think will get the necessary hype 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Giving Villeneuve the necessary budget for a Dune movie, I think it's understood that they are essentially just giving that money away. But hey, maybe it'll inexplicably break out. Not counting on it.

1 minute ago, harrisonisdead said:

Giving Villeneuve the necessary budget for a Dune movie, I think it's understood that they are essentially just giving that money away. But hey, maybe it'll inexplicably break out. Not counting on it.

If that’s the case then legendary pictures will be out of business really soon 

Cannot believe people willing to see movies that they already know how it goes beat by beat with mediocre marketing campaign, but refuse to pay for 4 giant monsters going at it lol.

Thats why disney can keep doing remakes and still wont lose whatsoever, for 2 dumbo and poppins, they make up for them with 3 aladdins.

6 minutes ago, Dbui8743 said:

Cannot believe people willing to see movies that they already know how it goes beat by beat with mediocre marketing campaign, but refuse to pay for 4 giant monsters going at it lol.

Thats why disney can keep doing remakes and still wont lose whatsoever, for 2 dumbo and poppins, they make up for them with 3 aladdins.

Nostalgia sells

1 hour ago, Minnale101 said:

Legendary has Wanda as a parent company, they're not exactly going to bankrupt anytime soon but I think perhaps they should focus on smaller projects. 

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Legendary has Wanda as a parent company, they're not exactly going to bankrupt anytime soon but I think perhaps they should focus on smaller projects. 

Yeah that spike lee movie was real good. Make more movies like that 

1 hour ago, Minnale101 said:

The problem with Dune is that it's considered one of the Unfilmable Books for a reason.  Now, that might be exaggerated as there aren't that many Unfilmable books (outside of things like Finnegan's Wake naturally).

But, well the other problem with Dune is that while it has a very hardcore fanbase, I'm not exactly sure it'd be considered a very wide fanbase.

It could always LOTR itself and break out.  But, I dunno.  It's good that they're breaking the book in half at least so they shouldn't be cramming too much of the books plot into a short time frame.

I guess the way I would put it is that I am skeptical it'll get traction with the GA, but one never knows, I suppose.

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

The problem with Dune is that it's considered one of the Unfilmable Books for a reason.  Now, that might be exaggerated as there aren't that many Unfilmable books (outside of things like Finnegan's Wake naturally).

But, well the other problem with Dune is that while it has a very hardcore fanbase, I'm not exactly sure it'd be considered a very wide fanbase.

It could always LOTR itself and break out.  But, I dunno.  It's good that they're breaking the book in half at least so they shouldn't be cramming too much of the books plot into a short time frame.

I guess the way I would put it is that I am skeptical it'll get traction with the GA, but one never knows, I suppose.

Ever since wanda bought legendary pictures just seems like they be making movies for Chinese audience 

too much cgi and no emphasis on story 

hopefully dune can Atleast be good in both aspects 

8 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Ever since wanda bought legendary pictures just seems like they be making movies for Chinese audience 

too much cgi and no emphasis on story 

hopefully dune can Atleast be good in both aspects 

That's true for the tentpoles but they've tackled smaller films like Straight Outta Compton, 42, BlackKklansman. 

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

That's true for the tentpoles but they've tackled smaller films like Straight Outta Compton, 42, BlackKklansman. 

Straight outta Compton came out 2015 a year before Wanda 

skyscraper was about Hong Kong  building on fire