CJohn

Godzilla: King of the Monsters | May 31 2019 | NO SPOILERS

Where did everyone go? Got scared off due to the implosion in Japan?

1 hour ago, Bishop54 said:

No worries, we're still here. :lol: Just a lack of new posts here, thats all. 

Didnt know about the Japan news though, thanks for bringing it up. Im disappointed, but it is what it is. 

• Like 1

Unrelated to this movie but yesterday I learned that the Hanna Barbera Godzilla is one of the tallest incarnations of Godzilla, pretty neat.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Unrelated to this movie but yesterday I learned that the Hanna Barbera Godzilla is one of the tallest incarnations of Godzilla, pretty neat.

The fact that hes the tallest Godzilla aside from Godzilla Earth is pretty amazing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bishop54 said:

Fake fan confirmed lol

jk

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

12 more dom (106 total), 6 more Japan (26.5 total), 7 more China (130 total) = 25 more from these 3 for 365 ww

tough to see more than 380 ww.

106*0.55 + 130*0.25 + 26.5*0.40 + 117.5*0.40 = 148+ theatrical returns

edit: Actuals are a couple mil higher and my dom (106) is too conservative. Can see 390 ww but 400 still is out of reach unless Japan legs kick in for 28-29 and China makes it closer to 135.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hokkaido MUTO said:

Fake fan confirmed lol

jk

I never bothered to convert stories to meters lol.

1 hour ago, kaijukurt said:

The fact that hes the tallest Godzilla aside from Godzilla Earth is pretty amazing. 

Marvel Godzilla is the second biggest, HB is 3rd.

Posted (edited)

this movie was honestly doomed from the start. Following the disliked 2014 movie, didn't have the novelty of that movie, and thanks to the type of movie that it is, could not afford to have a lower budget

only way it could have maybe turned things around is it was some incredible movie, like not even just entertaining but incredible, but that is understandably too high of a bar to reach

It was a dead movie walking ever since it was greenlit. We were just too blind to see it. 

Edited by John Marston
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Marvel Godzilla is the second biggest, HB is 3rd.

I always took it that the Marvel Godzilla was more of an undetermined due to his constant fluctuations in height (effectively removing him from any rankings of mine :lol: ) especially how in one issue he dwarfs the Golden Gate Bridge and in another hes not that much taller than the approx. 100-ft. Red Ronin (accdg to official Marvel stats). 

At least for the HB Godzilla, an official height of 400 feet has been mentioned in an official publication (I always wondered how they wrangled the rights to print info about this).

64566132_590411474699619_499249377898921

Edited by kaijukurt

14 minutes ago, kaijukurt said:

I always took it that the Marvel Godzilla was more of an undetermined due to his constant fluctuations in height (effectively removing him from any rankings of mine :lol: ) especially how in one issue he dwarfs the Golden Gate Bridge and in another hes not that much taller than the approx. 100-ft. Red Ronin (accdg to official Marvel stats). 

At least for the HB Godzilla, an official height of 400 feet has been mentioned in an official publication (I always wondered how they wrangled the rights to print info about this).

64566132_590411474699619_499249377898921

Is that some weird HB version of Angrius?

23 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Is that some weird HB version of Angrius?

Probably could have been a homage, but I think it was just some promo art monster thats roughly based on the Earth Eater monster that was in an episode. 

EarthEater.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

KOTM could end frustratingly short of 400. I think it will hit 390.

What looks possible, even if by no means a lock

112.5 dom + 135 Ch + 27.5 Jp = 275 from 3 markets

OS-Ch-Jp looks good for 115 (maybe a couple more) for 390+ ww.

dom, ~4.5 weekend should take it to 103.2m. So 112+ is not that unlikely

Edited by a2k

I think 4.5 is a good estimate for DOM. Interested to see how much Disney hurts it the next couple of weeks.

At the 3 theaters I go to most near me TS4 is taking a total of 15 screens (avg of 5 per theater). That's equivalent to 2 huge releases.

At the smallest of the 3 theaters (12 screens) KOTM's last day is today. At the 15-screen theater it is moving to a 1/2 screen (2 showings per day), at the 16 screen theater it keeps one screen but moves to one of the 2 smallest auditoriums. 

With Disney announcing yesterday that they are re-releasing Endgame with more footage on June 28th, we'll have to see how wide and how long it is for. That is likely going to mean KOTM losing more screens on June 28th than it would have otherwise as Endgame takes back screens. (Phoenix, Late Night are also likely to be affected by that re-release).

If it doesn't lose too many screens it might leg out to 112.5. If it does lose more screens than expected it might have an issue getting past 110.

Definitely feels like 385-390 is a likely landing spot.

Given last Friday it looked like it might struggle to 375 (after seeing China's Friday number) that is a small victory.

• Like 1

Deserves so much more, such a great film. But hey, GvK is already in the can, Legendary pays for most of the bill on those films, hoping for more. If GvK doesn't manage to pass Skull Island, I'll be surprised.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Bummer Thur and Fri DOM. 24% drop on Thur and only a 28% incr on Fri (to $1M).

Not likely to make it to 4M this weekend.  Probably around 102M DOM after Sunday.

110M DOM is probably the ceiling now.  With coming screen losses could end up closer to 108 (with Yesterday into 2,600 theaters and the re-release of Endgame next weekend and Far From Home just 2 days later on the Tueday I could see it losing 50%+ of its remaining screens in less than 10 days).

• ...wtf 1

The 3D Blu came in today 😁. This is why I'm keeping my 55" 3D, and refuse to go flat 4K! I get it that 3D didnt catch on with the general consumer...but to ditch 3D and go flat 4K is a step BACKWARD in technology! 

I'll break down for a 4K soon, just to have one, but there's nothing like sci-fi, fantasy, or monster film in 3D! 

The Rodan awakening scene, where he takes flight and fights the fighter planes, I cant imagine watching that on a flat screen, no matter what resolution it is 😂!

On 9/10/2019 at 12:19 AM, OdinSon2k14 said:

The 3D Blu came in today 😁. This is why I'm keeping my 55" 3D, and refuse to go flat 4K! I get it that 3D didnt catch on with the general consumer...but to ditch 3D and go flat 4K is a step BACKWARD in technology! 

I'll break down for a 4K soon, just to have one, but there's nothing like sci-fi, fantasy, or monster film in 3D! 

The Rodan awakening scene, where he takes flight and fights the fighter planes, I cant imagine watching that on a flat screen, no matter what resolution it is 😂!

Lol very nice is Odin son. We have a 4k and hd. 60 and near 70 inch 4k. Havenr experienced a 3d hdtv yet with glasses. Does it bring any simulance to the digital surround 3d that's Godzilla was shown in. Man Godzilla digital 3d 4dx was the most immersive experience ever after Avatar 1 that ive had in life. Just so involving and epic. When you go to big epics go for 3d 4dx or 2d 4dx. You never will want to watch a movie in theaters again without 4dx.

...Ps did you ever get that 4k hdtv Odin son?

Edited by Sheldon Cr

On 6/16/2019 at 6:07 PM, Bishop54 said:

Im here 😎. Any news on the sequel.