CJohn

Godzilla: King of the Monsters | May 31 2019 | Production wrapped. Mothra, Rodan and King Ghidorah confirmed.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

How bad was it? The test screening didn't receive universal praise but they were all generally positive. Are the human characters that bad?

Like... The movie doesn't come out for 10 months and these screenings happened way before now. The film is nowhere close to being finished. Don't see how anyone can make a call like that yet. From what I understand, only 30-40 minutes were shown as well.

Edited by Cookson

Godzilla fighting three ruthless monsters in one film?? I’m pumped as fuck.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

Godzilla fighting three ruthless monsters in one film?? I’m pumped as fuck.

It could be different in this movie, but Mothra is usually the complete opposite of ruthless, towards people at least. Rodan if I remember correctly is also one of the more heroic monsters

If the reports here about the quality of the film are true, this thing may be DOA long before release.

And I say that as someone who grew with with "Monster Week" on the 4:30 movie on Channel 7 WABC in NY, so it's incredibly disappointing.

4 minutes ago, Gamera said:

If the reports here about the quality of the film are true, this thing may be DOA long before release.

And I say that as someone who grew with with "Monster Week" on the 4:30 movie on Channel 7 WABC in NY, so it's incredibly disappointing. 

And there isn't even a year left to fix this disaster...

I always trust Internet rumors: this thing will flop like Deadpool 2. :whosad:

• Haha 4

Can we please stop judging films based on test screenings?  It makes everyone in here look pathetic.  Thanks.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Gamera said:

I watched quite a few of the older ones growing up during Creature Feature on Will C.'s Red-Eye Cinema on WCTI in NC.  Well I saw the first part of a lot of them anyway.  The second movie would never start before about 1AM and I could never make it through to the end of those.

1 hour ago, Gamera said:

I've heard way more positive things. Regardless, take a chill pill. This film has a lot of time before release.

• Like 1

Hmm. I don't know. This one seems a long ways away for anyone to have seen anything close to finished project. I did seek out the leaks and if they're even true - it sounded like a fun mega monster romp. Not reason it can't match Skull Island DOM. Not to mention, they've done a fine job marketing Godzilla and Skull Island and that's half the battle.

• Like 1

Where are these early screening reports people are talking about? I already had reservations about the director for this anyways so I won't be surprised in the slightest if this does indeed have negative early screening reports. 

26 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I have no idea where the bad reports came from

People believe in what they want to believe

One thing I hope is for Godzilla in this film to have the same characterization that he had in the 2014 movie. Problems aside, I liked how the movie portrayed Godzilla as a neutral entity that prefers to ignore humanity. It was a nice change of pace, so I’m hoping this movie doesn’t have him going on a rampage or anything. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Can we please stop judging films based on test screenings?  It makes everyone in here look pathetic.  Thanks.

The Reason they have test screenings is to find out what is wrong with a film and fix it

A great many people are really clueless as to how the film industry works.

21 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

No I watched an over 2 hour movie in March. There is nothing that can save the non action stuff unless they reshoot it. I do think average people will be a bit more forgiving than me. 

The reports you posted cant be true because I filled out a FULL score card and railed the movie a new one and so did the person I went with who also posted here. Plus there was quite a bit of reports saying the truth. All action, no character. 

Plus I know for a fact the movie is on ICE right now and the director has been pushed back a tad. They are putting it on a shelf for a few months, getting a new post team and going back to it later in the year. 

Worrying or not, thats very insightful of you. :o thanks!

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

No I watched an over 2 hour movie in March. There is nothing that can save the non action stuff unless they reshoot it. I do think average people will be a bit more forgiving than me. 

The reports you posted cant be true because I filled out a FULL score card and railed the movie a new one and so did the person I went with who also posted here. Plus there was quite a bit of reports saying the truth. All action, no character. 

Plus I know for a fact the movie is on ICE right now and the director has been pushed back a tad. They are putting it on a shelf for a few months, getting a new post team and going back to it later in the year. 

Would you say this is kind of a Pacific Rim: Uprising situation then?

Edited by NoobSaibot

32 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

Would you say this is kind of a Pacific Rim: Uprising situation then?

Yes very similar situation. The director is NOT off. The studio is just trying to make the best film possible is having a bit more oversight. They gotta protect this franchise now.

I know they are in a middle of trying to get a new composer. The best part of the screening was they used Last Samurai as the temp music for the final battle and emotional movements it was great hahah 

I will say this as I said before too. The trailer for this should be good. This movie easily has the most monster action in any modern Hollywood movie.  I have no qualms saying that. Lots of monster fights. its HUGE. 

I will say this about the screening. I could tell the action WILL be huge but with just pre-vis you focus even more on other stuff like story and characters and mechanics of a film without getting to turn your brain off.

I hope I enjoy it more next year, but Im still super excited just to see how these battles turn out. 

• Like 4

Who was the old composer? I don't think anything was recorded.