Happy Summer Movie Season. Play the summer game.

CJohn

Godzilla: King of the Monsters | May 31 2019 | Production wrapped. Mothra, Rodan and King Ghidorah confirmed.

38 minutes ago, Cookson said:

This Godzilla universe has been a pain in the arse.. waiting wise. It was first announced in 2010 that Legendary had bought the rights for a 2012 release. That wait finally ended in 2014. That SAME weekend G14 came, opening weekend, Legendary announced a sequel. Finally, 5 years since then and almost 10 years since Legendary first announced it had the rights, KotM is coming out. It’s been wild..... 

Luckily as Kaiju fans we had Kong Skull Island, Tohos Shin Godzilla and the anime trilogy to sort of hold us over.

Its sort of funny that there won’t be any kind of time to digest this time between KotM and GvsKong. Trailer for that most likely coming in July. Crazy

If you see, even in Godzilla 2014, the movie, we had to wait quite a long time for the glorious appearance of the Kinf, even more for the fights but the results were incredible.

Hopefully results of waiting for KOTM & GvK are incredibly glorious too.

Posted (edited)

Godzilla: King of the Monsters - Regal Edwards Ontario Palace IMAX & RPX (Full Weekend)

Thursday Total

134/2829 (4.7%)

Spoiler

IMAX 2D

4:00 PM - 0/532

7:00 PM - 107/532

10:15 PM - 19/532

RealD 3D

10:45 PM - 4/411

2D

4:30 PM - 0/411

7:30 PM - 4/411

Friday Total

58/4148 (1.4%)

Spoiler

IMAX 2D

12:40 PM - 13/532

3:55 PM - 3/532

7:05 PM - 38/532

10:20 PM - 4/532

RealD 3D

4:25 PM - 0/404

2D

10:00 AM - 0/404

1:10 PM - 0/404

7:35 PM - 0/404

10:50 PM - 0/404

Saturday Total

30/4148 (0.7%)

Spoiler

IMAX 2D

12:40 PM - 19/532

3:55 PM - 0/532

7:05 PM - 7/532

10:20 PM - 0/532

RealD 3D

4:25 PM - 4/404

2D

Sunday Total

4/4148 (0.1%)

Spoiler

IMAX 2D

12:40 PM - 2/532

3:55 PM - 0/532

7:05 PM - 2/532

10:20 PM - 0/532

RealD 3D

4:25 PM - 0/404

2D

Weekend Total

226/15273 (1.5%)

Edited by FlashMaster659
  • Like 3

Probably my third most anticipated movie of the year after EG and FFH. Really looking forward to this. I love the 1998 and 2014 so much. ( I love the 2014 more tho . It’s like the best Godzilla movie for me ). I know that many on this forum hate the 2014 one but for me it’s a masterpiece.

I get it , its understandable that many of you hate it cause you want more action and more Godzilla , but It’s kinda give a different vibe like a ‘mystery’ vibe. Instead showing the Godzilla and the villain right off the bat , they introduce them slowly and slowly and take a time to build some anticipation. It’s brilliant move to keep the audience curious and excited at the same time. The effects are top notch and some shots ( flare to show Godzilla body and HALO jump are brilliants. ) the battle also great. It also quite has some suspenseful shots that keeps my heart pounding and extremely excited throughout the first and second act. Love it.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Whole the child twist was dumb, but it was about the core thought about rights of clones, these animals were extinct, and bought back, same as the girl, she could connect to them on that way, about how much of rights do genetically cloned beings have, afterall they are living things, but the way they handled it was not upto mark. 

I'm a firm believer of the fact that Dinosaurs should've broken out themselves, life find a way, Dinosaurs should've too.

And yeah, Godzilla KOTM is really awaited, i hold they would have released it earlier but what when can we do, for thing is they GvK is just few months away, so waiting 5 years for a movie and they're gonna give us 2 within months.....All hail King G.

That's exactly my point: the only way in which that twist would connect at all with the overall story - the rights that she has as a clone compared to the rights that the man-made dinosaurs have - was nowhere to be found in the movie, except at the end when she basically doomed a couple thousand people to death by dinosaur by freeing them from dying themselves because "life, bitchazz" (indeed, life, bitchazz! We'll remember to thank you for all of the deaths you were responsible for by releasing these things to mainland, Maisie). Otherwise, bad guy was just like: "hey, kid, you a clone! Come with me now" for the lulz. Completely pointless and had absolutely jackshit to do with everything else going on. To an extent, I can see the depth in how one chooses to free cloned animals from genocide due to the rights that they have as lifeform, clones or not, even if they were damn nearly your killers themselves, But you could have made the message of preserving wildlife without the clonage context at all. It could be literally any species here, from horses to mosquitos. The clonage connection doesn't need to exist at all. Yeah, they are man-made killing machines, but they are still animals and they deserve a shot at life. That's a point that doesn't need this totally dumb and pointless dump of a twist whatsoever. It only exists to blatantly setup a sequel to this movie, and that's it. And the movie basically contradicts its own messages thousands of times over and over again. "Life finds a way." To what? To being held captive and then seeing the same race that kidnapped you release you all the same? As you said, the dinosaurs didn't break out, they were just freed by the main characters. Ian Malcolm's warning that they may outlive us, should it come to fruition, happened only because we allowed it entirely to happen, not because we played God and the Holy Grail was just too powerful for us to handle, like what happened in the original Jurassic Park. If you meant "life finds a way to give you the comeuppance you deserve for being an asshole" about the evil corporates of this movie, you could've just cut it down to "karma finds a way" instead. And it also feels incredibly contradictory to stop a genocide of man-made creatures because they live, only to basically release them and let them hunt down organic life on the loose. It almost feels like a message that an evil Terminator would imply.

Bah. Anyway. Just thinking about Fallen Kingdom makes my head loop in endless circles.

@Claudio I get different opinions and all, but I can only assume you are not a Godzilla fan at all, because only someone who is not a Godzilla fan at all could ever say the words "I loved the 1998 one". I understand the love for the 2014 one, even with the flatter than wood characters and writing, and annoying action teasing that's trying to be like Jaws but failing, but at least it has enough Godzilla, an interesting approach and absolutely awe-inspiring cinematography to overcome the lows (to an extent). But the 1998 movie is irredeemable.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

I so can not wait for this any longer. I want to see it now NOW

• Like 1

Seeing this next week on Wednesday the 22nd. So fucking excited.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 8

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Have fun!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mulder said:

7 Days before me MAAAAN im so jealous

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

7 Days before me MAAAAN im so jealous

I wish they were doing this internationally. :whosad:Though interestingly enough this is a press/critic screening as well? 

6 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I wish they were doing this internationally. :whosad:Though interestingly enough this is a press/critic screening as well? 

If the film is indeed great, it would make sense imo for WB to drop reviews early. Maybe thats the intention here?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

If the film is indeed great, it would make sense imo for WB to drop reviews early. Maybe thats the intention here?

Thinking if the response from this is great they'll drop the review embargo this Thursday/Friday.

Oh yeah today's the 5th anniversary of Godzilla 2014! I can't believe it's been 5 years.

tumblr_nb1rqaYdaV1qhdm9to6_500.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

latest?cb=20160704012327&path-prefix=es

• Like 12
  • Astonished 1

Still the most well-shot blockbuster of the decade imo. The Cinematography is constantly stunning and beautiful.

Only movie of the whole decade that looks visually better for me is The Handmaiden but thats really it.

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Thinking if the response from this is great they'll drop the review embargo this Thursday/Friday.

I don't know if they want to drop the review embargo *too* early. Dropping it too early hurt Shazam! so my guess is to wait for one week. Or however far out Wonder Woman pushed up the review embargo.

I'd say next Saturday after Aladdin opens and WOM spreads for that.

18 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Oh yeah today's the 5th anniversary of Godzilla 2014! I can't believe it's been 5 years.

tumblr_nb1rqaYdaV1qhdm9to6_500.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

latest?cb=20160704012327&path-prefix=es

Seamus McGarvey is an amazing DP. 

13 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Still the most well-shot blockbuster of the decade imo. The Cinematography is constantly stunning and beautiful.

Only movie of the whole decade that looks visually better for me is The Handmaiden but thats really it.

I'd say Blade Runner 2049 and Fury Road looked better, but I don't know if they constitute as "blockbusters". 'Zilla '14 is still incredibly well shot though.

• Like 3

I mean, look at this:

Screen-Shot-2014-05-23-at-3.14.27-AM.png

bpq2nc4tjf101.png

Screen-Shot-2014-05-23-at-3.14.49-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2014-05-23-at-3.07.19-AM.png

GORGEOUS

• Like 10

1 minute ago, TMP said:

I'd say Blade Runner 2049 and Fury Road looked better, but I don't know if they constitute as "blockbusters". 'Zilla '14 is still incredibly well shot though.

BR2049, MM:FR are both incredibly great to look at as well. Also, id argue TFA, RO and TLJ all look incredible as well, even if you dont like the Disney SW movies, you cant argue against their visual beauty.

Dawn and War for the Planet of the Apes also come to mind.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Handmaiden. Yeah. That fucking movie. Unreal. Next level awesome.

• Like 1