RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers

• Founder / Operator

Phantom Menace would have destroyed the 3 day. The rest? Don't think so. Maybe Spider-Man 2.

Sith was basically locked to beat it too. I think SM2 would have. ROTK would have been a wild card. I'm not sure it would have hit $114m for the record but it may have become the 2nd movie to reach $100-110m OW.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 2

IMO there's no point in predicting them this early. Too many variables to unfold before then. But I think they're fair competitors for each other, at least in the same way Avengers and TDKR were. Thor 2 and Cap 2 could stun audiences and get them pumped for Age of Ultron. Goyer could screw the pooch on Supes/Bats (he probably will...) but if Bale or Levitt come back all bets would be off. We'll see.

• Like 2

Goyer could screw the pooch on Supes/Bats (he probably will...) but if Bale or Levitt come back all bets would be off. We'll see.

For some reason I hadn't even considered that possibility, but I really hope that doesn't happen. Batman has to be Bruce Wayne. I'd take Bale coming back over the Blake route in a heartbeat if need be.

For some reason I hadn't even considered that possibility, but I really hope that doesn't happen. Batman has to be Bruce Wayne. I'd take Bale coming back over the Blake route in a heartbeat if need be.

I don't see the 'Blake' route ... if Levitt is somehow cast, they'll just say fuck it and make him Bruce Wayne and hope the audience is interested in him in the cowl.

Blake & Clark isn't going to work IMO ... not for a first go around of Batman & Superman

Edited by Adam

I have a question though, why is Bale coming back such a big deal for people around here and an immediate sure thing factor in "MOS2 will gross 1B" "MOS2 will break recods"? Honestly, none of the people I know watched Nolan's Bats cause of Bale, I doubt they would want to see MOS2 just cause Bale is Bat instead of someone else either, it's still Batman meets Superman onscreen for the first time, that's the draw. Well, I guess the people around me are different then  :lol:

I have a question though, why is Bale coming back such a big deal for people around here and an immediate sure thing factor in "MOS2 will gross 1B" "MOS2 will break recods"? Honestly, none of the people I know watched Nolan's Bats cause of Bale, I doubt they would want to see MOS2 just cause Bale is Bat instead of someone else either, it's still Batman meets Superman onscreen for the first time, that's the draw. Well, I guess the people around me are different then  :lol:

Because people are emotionally attached to the 'Nolan' Batman ... who happens to be Christian Bale.  The last two films did over 2 billion worldwide.  That actor/character with Superman would be pretty enticing to the audience.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 4

Many fans of Nolan's film don't want Bale to come back. But anyway, it's not like he's a major draw in himself, it's just that marketing loves familiarity.

Edited by Hatebox

• Founder / Operator

IMO there's no point in predicting them this early. Too many variables to unfold before then. But I think they're fair competitors for each other, at least in the same way Avengers and TDKR were. Thor 2 and Cap 2 could stun audiences and get them pumped for Age of Ultron. Goyer could screw the pooch on Supes/Bats (he probably will...) but if Bale or Levitt come back all bets would be off. We'll see.

Posted Image

I have a question though, why is Bale coming back such a big deal for people around here and an immediate sure thing factor in "MOS2 will gross 1B" "MOS2 will break recods"? Honestly, none of the people I know watched Nolan's Bats cause of Bale, I doubt they would want to see MOS2 just cause Bale is Bat instead of someone else either, it's still Batman meets Superman onscreen for the first time, that's the draw. Well, I guess the people around me are different then :lol:

Because Lots of people liked and are used to Bale as Batman. (Since his last movie was less than two years ago) and then the Batman/Superman movie can be marketed it as a follow up to The Dark Knight trilogy. When I told friends about this team up movie they automatically just assumed they were using Bale. In comments about the movie on sites like Yahoo and CNN almost every other comment was saying bring Bsle back Edited by Robert Muldoon
  • Like 2

Because people are emotionally attached to the 'Nolan' Batman ... who happens to be Christian Bale.  The last two films did over 2 billion worldwide.  That actor/character with Superman would be pretty enticing to the audience.

Well, like I said, I guess the people around me are different, they don't really care. I have no attachments to Christian Bale as Bats myself, so I'll see the movie no matter who will play the role.

I agree with you on the whole.  However, too many times people make strong statements such as: (for example) The Hobbit is going to make 400, it can't miss. ROTK won 700 Oscars and now it has 3D, IMAX and the Christmas Holidays will carry it over 400.  I won't be surprised if it makes 500 but 400 is locked.  

Then you get a rebuttal from some like this:

"400 is not locked.  It's been 9 years and the market has changed.  300 will be attainable but I think 400 is going to be really difficult."

Then you get this:  "You're crazy if you think it will only get to 300.  Every LOTR film made 300 without 3D.  You are obviously a LOTR hater if you think 300 is where it will land"

Then when it landed at 300 and all those people who ripped into you for being a hater and stupid and so on, disappear.  They don't come around and say they were wrong or that you were right or that they were sorry for ripping into you and your family and your colleagues and they don't apologize for telling you that they are going to murder your pet because you had a different opinion.

So no one likes a sore winner, I agree.  But if you are going to make a bold statement about a film and you end up being wrong, if you want to avoid the sore winner syndrome, be a man (or a woman) and fess up to you bad call.  

It's as easy as blueberry pie.

It's also the primary reason the summer game was created 6 years ago.

Sometimes I am just in awe of you Baumer. You put it down.

• Like 2

Sometimes I am just in awe of you Baumer. You put it down.

E, did you see The Wolverine? How was it?

Edited by Sam

Bale is associated to Batman in a way not seen since Chris Reeve as Superman.

I'd say RDJ as IM surpasses Bale in that regard, but that's probably a bit to do with his 'real life' persona (consciously) playing up to that character.

My guess they'll ask Bale to come back, he'll say no, and they'll just get someone brand new. I'd welcome a nobody, someone who look slightly older than Cavill.

Edited by Hatebox

E, did you see The Wolverine? How was it?

Yes I did. I liked it okay. Harmless little movie.  You can tell it's just a filler movie but I thought it was pretty good. The end was pretty silly, lol.  But it was nothing memorable but I enjoyed it while I watched it.  I really want to see The Conjuring again. :D

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2

Yes I did. I liked it okay. Harmless little movie.  You can tell it's just a filler movie but I thought it was pretty good.  But it was nothing memorable. I really want to see The Conjuring again. :D

You enjoyed it, so that's good. I'll be seeing The Wolverine on Monday, hope I'll enjoy it. How was Hugh? Is he dreamy in it?  :P

So many movies I wanna watch again, I'll see PR again next weekend. The Conjuring sounds like a good choice too, I'm gonna ask my bf to see it with me :)

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

You enjoyed it, so that's good. I'll be seeing The Wolverine on Monday, hope I'll enjoy it. How was Hugh? Is he dreamy in it?  :P

So many movies I wanna watch again, I'll see PR again next weekend. The Conjuring sounds like a good choice too, I'm gonna ask my bf to see it with me :)

Hugh was as fine as ever.

• Like 2