Tower

Israel box office thread: 2022 admission numbers

Is that good for Frozen (the total gross)?

It's OK but not great, more than Ralph but less than Tangled.

But it is hard to say where it will finish since it's only down 16% in the last 6 weeks, and 43% in the last 11 weeks (combined). So right now it isn't really going anywhere on it's own, but this might come to a halt once Peabody And Sherman opens next week.

But it is hard to say where it will finish since it's only down 16% in the last 6 weeks, and 43% in the last 11 weeks (combined). So right now it isn't really going anywhere on it's own, but this might come to a halt once Peabody And Sherman opens next week.

Is the exchange rate different than for WiR or Tangled? I know in some countries that's had an effect.

Is the exchange rate different than for WiR or Tangled? I know in some countries that's had an effect.

There isn't a big difference, almost the same as Tangled and the dollar was a bit weaker (but the difference is quite small) during WIR. So WIR becomes a little closer to but still behind Frozen.

There isn't a big difference, almost the same as Tangled and the dollar was a bit weaker (but the difference is quite small) during WIR. So WIR becomes a little closer to but still behind Frozen.

What were their respective totals?

It's weird given how successful Frozen was in the rest of the world.

What were their respective totals?

Here's a table, I added the biggest animation(ish) films from this year.

Dollars (M) Shekels (M)
Smurfs 2 4.94 17.32
Despicable Me 2 3 10.57
Tangled 2.4 8.59
Frozen 2.17 7.55
Wreck It Ralph 1.75 6.47

Edited by Tower
  • Like 2

Here's a table, I added the biggest animation(ish) films from this year.

Dollars (M) Shekels (M) Smurfs 2 4.94 17.32 Despicable Me 2 3 10.57 Tangled 2.4 8.59 Frozen 2.17 7.55 Wreck It Ralph 1.75 6.47

Smurfs 2 crushing Frozen and Tangled..Terrible tastes you have my Israelis friends :P

It's weird given how successful Frozen was in the rest of the world.

Israel doesn't really follow the rest of the world, as seen by the fact that the year was won by The Smurfs 2 and Fast 6, while the WW leader Iron Man 3 made even less than Frozen and was nowhere near the top.

Smurfs 2 crushing Frozen and Tangled..Terrible tastes you have my Israelis friends :P

Disney films suffer from releasing in the winter, and since there are no Christmas and new year holidays here, children's films are much better off releasing during the summer.

Having said that, Smurfs would have won no matter when it released, it's just a much bigger franchise here.

Edited by Tower

Interesting. Since Frozen seems to be sitting pretty flat, do you think it will eventually overtake Tangled?

Maybe, but there has been no new animation films open in months (with the exception of Walking With Dinosaurs which bombed, Frozen is the last animation to open). It's better to see how it reacts to Peabody next weekend first.

Edited by Tower

Disney films suffer from releasing in the winter, and since there are no Christmas and new year holidays here, children's films are much better off releasing during the summer.

Having said that, Smurfs would have won no matter when it released, it's just a much bigger franchise here.

Smurfs 2 is a bigger franchise in France as well, it's a French-speaking comic book in the first place.

But still, Frozen easily bested Smurfs 2, because Frozen is way better. It's about good tastes my dear :lol:B)