kayumanggi

07.26 - 07.28 Weekend Actuals

From HSX: http://www.hsx.com/forum/forum.php?id=3&pid=244256

WWARZ will be released into select IMAX theatres domestically for the first time for a one-week engagement beginning Aug. 2.

Notfabio added:

Because pac rim aint doing nuthin in imax at this point expect a one week reissue of man of steel if mortal instruments tanks

WWZ just locked 200 mill :)

From HSX: http://www.hsx.com/forum/forum.php?id=3&pid=244256

WWARZ will be released into select IMAX theatres domestically for the first time for a one-week engagement beginning Aug. 2.

Notfabio added:

Because pac rim aint doing nuthin in imax at this point expect a one week reissue of man of steel if mortal instruments tanks

Well, now WWZ will make 200m.

And PR might not get to 100m

I don't know what to feel about this.

Also, 2 Guns is tracking ahead of Pacific Rim, and there is almost NO F**KING MARKETING for that film. We had what, like one trailer that gave the WHOLE plot away, and that's it.

Anyone else fears that TW drops over 1 mill ??

I think it will most likely drop from estimate. The projected 15.5% drop on Sun is very generous IMO. But if Fri and Sat got adjusted up, then maybe it could clear 55M. Edited by Sam

I think just about everybody here expects Wolverine to drop to the 53-54 range.

Sometimes I think studios purposefully overestimate just so they can have a prettier number for headlines like TW number in this case :lol:

Also, 2 Guns is tracking ahead of Pacific Rim, and there is almost NO F**KING MARKETING for that film. We had what, like one trailer that gave the WHOLE plot away, and that's it.

I’m not surprised. 2 Guns looks like a lot of fun, and Washington generally does well when he’s paired with a younger actor.

Potential bad reviews (given that there are no reviews on Rotten Tomatoes) and a reported lack of theater count (I heard that Universal couldn’t secure 3000 theaters, WTF Universal) could damper it though.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic
  • Like 1