Gopher

The Interview | Limited Release on December 25, 2014

Wonder how Seth Rogen's TV adaptation of Preacher will be received. That series is about a fallen angel who takes over the body of a Midwest preacher and begins a road trip to find god.... And kill god.

While it was a great comic series, I think AMC may run into major religious opposition when airing that show.

Shouldn't the government have been searching for these hackers before they issued their 9/11 statement? If they had been found beforehand none of this would've happened.

Just goes to show you how no one takes cybercrime seriously anymore.

Just get Chris Hemsworth on this.

• Like 1

Can anyone blame Sony??

*Imagine* if they did show it and something terrible happened, imagine how awful that would be. They had no choice. Need to think about the risk.

This thread should be moved now, let's face it, there will be no box office to discuss.

That's exactly the logic that North Korea (and in the past for for different goals South Korea) have based their entire foreign policy on. Make enough big threats and eventually somebody will cave and give you stuff.

People know North Korea can hack computers, they know they have Nuclear weapons (of questionable number and reliability), ergo North Korea is technically capable of carrying out the craziest of threats that it issues and that is the leverage they have that makes these fear tactics work.

However, it is nothing more than psychological terrorism (which seems to be more effective than actual bomb based terrorism) while playing a game of economic chicken with the rest of the world. If Sony/cinema chains had not have baulked, very little would have happened.  

• Like 2

With no box office grosses or ancillary returns, it’s all about the cost, and Sony is looking at a write-down comprised of the following:

>> A production budget of about $45 million;

>> A domestic marketing budget of $35 million;

>> An overseas marketing budget estimated between $10 million to $12 million.

http://www.thewrap.com/sony-hack-guess-how-much-pulling-the-interview-will-cost-the-studio-exclusive/

Sony will lose hundred of millions because of the hacks no matter what, but they could at least made some money from The Interview. It roughly costs 90 mil and it would have made over 200 mil. WW after all that press. Even in my country where Apotow-esque comedies are not very popular and considered niche it would have done 10 times better than every other comedy of the same brand just by curiousity alone. The movie and the sony leaks is a daily subject in every news show for over a week now.

Wonder how Seth Rogen's TV adaptation of Preacher will be received. That series is about a fallen angel who takes over the body of a Midwest preacher and begins a road trip to find god.... And kill god.

While it was a great comic series, I think AMC may run into major religious opposition when airing that show.

Yeahh...you lost me at "kill God." But I won't be boycotting it or anything, but that doesn't mean there won't be some controversy. You're right, it's interesting to see now what AMC will do. Since Interview was part his idea, I personally don't see studios giving him so much creative freedom anymore. He's lucky enough to get Sausage Party made, what other actors can pull that off today. But I think he's going to be kind of restricted from now on.

• Like 1

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2014/12/17/go-see-the-interview/

I did not realize that all you had to do was post a threat on Pastebin in order to forcibly improve the taste of the American moviegoing public. We have no way of knowing that the Guardians of Peace are affiliated with North Korea. Maybe they are just film snobs. “EVERYONE MUST SEE BOYHOOD”

“SNOWPIERCER MUST BE RE-RELEASED, AS WELL AS  ‘ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE’ AND EVERYONE LEAVE YOUR MONDAY NIGHT OPEN BECAUSE WE’RE DOING A LINKLATER RETROSPECTIVE… OR ELSE TERROR THINGS WILL ENSUE,” the next threat will say.

We should not be pulling “The Interview” from theaters. The “Guardians of Peace” (now, the Republican party is only Hollywood’s SECOND least-favorite GOP) cannot tell me what bad movies I don’t want to see. Only I can. I saw “This Means War” in theaters, so clearly, their taste is already better than mine.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1