Gopher

The Interview | Limited Release on December 25, 2014

Hope they pull it. This movie looks really dumb and was asking for trouble

This is the stupidest post I've ever read on this site. You clearly have no understanding of the issues involved here. This is not merely a threat against one studio whose film you dislike, but against any and all content producers who might be targeted by political extremists or economic saboteurs. These people have also threatened any American who might decide to attend a movie in the future with terrorism if their demands are not met. If one film is forced out of theaters by the threat of terrorist reprisals, any and all other films are under that same threat from now on.

You may be okay with this now, but how will you feel if there is another Aurora or 9/11, as the hackers have threatened? Will you still be stupidly crowing over the cancellation of a "dumb" movie then? 

• Like 3

Oh c'mon Arclight, you are better than this. I haven't been this angry at the Arclight since the time I thought they were run by the Church of Scientology (turns out it was a different Decurion Corporation).

California’s upscale ArcLight Cinemas – including the flagship Sunset Boulevard theater located in the heart of Hollywood – has pulled theSeth Rogen-James Franco comedy The Interview, an employee confirmed to Deadline tonight. The ArcLight chain spans five multiplex locations in Southern California and is owned by The Decurion Corporation, which also owns the Pacific Theatres chain.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Let's remember Ben Franklin's words today (and I am not even American)

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

”Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither.”

This is very disappointing from all theater chains who will cancel the movie.

• Like 5

Let's remember Ben Franklin's words today (and I am not even American)

This is very disappointing from all theater chains who will cancel the movie.

On a principle basis I am also pretty disappointed to see theaters giving into the hackers' demands. I just wish it were for a better-looking film so I could be passionate about it.

• Like 1

This thing is getting way out of hand, its only a comedy. I plan on seeing this in theaters and hope Sony gives me the opportunity to see it in theaters and actually releases the movie and not to listen to these stupid people making threats. 

Seriously guys, I'm trying to get #AmericaWantsAnInterview trending. Y'all should help me out :P

I made a few tweets with that hashtag my handle is @KDN1692. You happy?

Edited by Scott Pilgrim vs The Forum
  • Like 1

On a principle basis I am also pretty disappointed to see theaters giving into the hackers' demands. I just wish it were for a better-looking film so I could be passionate about it.

I don't care about this movie too much, but I do care about the precedent. It does not matter if a movie is 100% on RT or 0% on RT. Every movie deserves a release. Either everything is okay to be made into a movie, or nothing is (yes, I know this is family guy manatee logic, but South Park was on to something there).

• Like 5

I think a lot of the reason for the fear in this case is because the hackers have actually done something with all the e-mail leaks. 

But still if a hack gets ahold of Disney emails and release all the Disney information and ask them not release Avengers 2 and Star Wars.

Too bad South Park is not on this week. This would make such a great episode. 

• Like 1

I don't care about this movie too much, but I do care about the precedent. It does not matter if a movie is 100% on RT or 0% on RT. Every movie deserves a release. Either everything is okay to be made into a movie, or nothing is (yes, I know this is family guy manatee logic, but South Park was on to something there).

Even this movie...

MV5BMjIzMjY4MTk2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzQ3