Gopher

The Interview | Limited Release on December 25, 2014

Not trying to be the party pooper, but the film is based around assassinating the real President of North Korea not some silly fake naemd president which would probably be a little strong for most countries. If the UK made a movie where two guys set out to kill Obama specifically (as opposed to Billy Bridges the 63rd president), it would not go down well with many people in the US either.

There'd probably be know threats of war but you know...

Leaving the serious bit behind, there is more chance of Kim Jong Un going on The Steven Colbert Show and licking his own ballsack live on air whilst wearing a yellow tutu that there is of this film getting released in South Korea, let alone North Korea.

I'm gonna have to download from the shady interwebs.

seriously doubt they'll actually kill him. they'll probably teach him to be more compassionate through the power of weed(which is incidentally legal in N. Korea).

• Like 1

Gee, I wonder why, too.

Considering it's a movie about assassinating the leader of that country, wouldn't it be normal for them to react like that?

But North Korea is the land of milk and honey. I heard that instead of water dropping from the sky. Money drops from the sky and everybody lives in castles. 

• Like 2

Not trying to be the party pooper, but the film is based around assassinating the real President of North Korea not some silly fake naemd president which would probably be a little strong for most countries. If the UK made a movie where two guys set out to kill Obama specifically (as opposed to Billy Bridges the 63rd president), it would not go down well with many people in the US either.

Uh oh, somebody is joking about assassinating somebody that makes Joseph Stalin look relatively mild!  The only people on the planet that like the North Korean regime is the North Korean regime, that is why Seth Rogan and co could get this movie made.  Getting a studio to make a similar movie made about any other real life prominent leader of a country is flat out impossible.

• Like 1

Uh oh, somebody is joking about assassinating somebody that makes Joseph Stalin look relatively mild!  The only people on the planet that like the North Korean regime is the North Korean regime, that is why Seth Rogan and co could get this movie made.  Getting a studio to make a similar movie made about any other real life prominent leader of a country is flat out impossible.

Hollywood movies are banned in North Korea. Only there president can watch them. 

• Like 2

Christmas is looking like a logjam again

NEW IN THEATERS DISTRIBUTOR RELEASE
Hot Tub Time Machine 2 (on Thu.)
Comedy
Paramount Wide
The Interview (2014) (on Thu.)
Comedy
Sony / Columbia Wide
Into the Woods (on Thu.)
Musical
Buena Vista Wide
Paddington (on Thu.)
Family
Weinstein / Dimension Wide
Unbroken (on Thu.)
War Drama
Universal Wide

• Like 7

October looks like shit. It will probably be one of the worst months ever in Portugal. The only releases with any power are Gone Girl, Boxtrolls, Dracula Untold and Fury. TMNT opens on October 30 here, but I doubt anyone will see it since by then it will be available to download in good quality. Hopefully they will move TMNT to October 9 now. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

October does look rather barren now, though, I agree. I wonder if these moves are because of the possibility that word in the industry is that Gone Girl is really, really good and everyone wants to stay out of its way (a very far-fetched theory, yes, I know)? Wouldn't surprise me considering the top-notch quality of the book, could see it pulling a Gravity on a smaller scale.

And possible good buzz for The Judge as well. If that is also of quality, I could definitely see a Captain Phillips type run.

• Like 2

Good move, but why the jam-packed Christmas Day and not December 12, where Exodus is set to open unopposed as the sole wide release? I don't get studios.

Those studio heads sincerely don't know what they're doing sometimes.

8 releases in less than 7 days for Christmas

3 female-targeting comedies in a 2 week period (Pitch Perfect 2, Spy, Untitled Reese Witherspoon/Sofia Vergara Comedy) 

Pan against Ant-Man (Marvel's gonna win... quit trying to beat them, WB) 

Pixels in May (seems like a light-hearted action comedy that would work great late June/early July rather than May - Avengers 2 and Tomorrowland are going to suck up all of its demo. Move to June 26th - clean up on the 4th of July) 

The biggest bonehead move I've ever seen was November/December 2011... 10 major, wide-released kids/family movies released within that 2 month period. For the record, that whole fall had zero kids movies aside from Puss in Boots the last weekend and January 2012 was empty as far as major kids movies go. 

Three of the films should have never been made (Jack and Jill, Happy Feet Two, Alvin and the Chipmunks - Chipwrecked)

Puss in Boots should have taken late September/early October

Arthur Christmas could then take November 4th

The Muppets (and Hugo's semi-wide expansion) could still have Thanksgiving

Move Tintin to January 2012 

Move We Bought a Zoo to the December 16th date. 

Seriously, who thought 10 major kids/family movies could coexist even during the holidays? Without all the clutter, Muppets, We Bought a Zoo and War Horse could have flown past $100 million+ and Arthur Christmas would have had longer legs ($75 million+ total likely). Easily the biggest bonehead move by Hollywood ever. 

• Like 2

October is pretty muddled. Even though there's a lot of new movies coming out, they all look pretty placid compared to November and December.September is DEFINITELY gonna be a bore. They should try moving movies to September so we don't have to wait until November for the interesting titles.

• Like 1