Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

I'm going to echo other people's sentiments about this. The key word with this movie is FUN! It's the kind of movie you could easily nitpick to death, but between the action, humour, and even a few intense, dark scenes, it was an absolute thrill ride through and through!

Don't know why some have said Theron was wasted in this. No way! She's a psycho villain that will chill you to the bone.

Lastly, I was someone who griped about Statham's character teaming up with the crew - I hate this never ending plot device that the crew ends up winning over the villain and they all become best buds - but at least the reasoning here is actually decent. It makes sense. It's not like Deckard Shaw was just seduced by the awesomeness of the crew.

Anyway, had a lot of fun tonight! It helped that I saw it in D-Box as well. D-Box and Fast movies go together like peanut butter and jam!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JB33 said:

Lastly, I was someone who griped about Statham's character teaming up with the crew - I hate this never ending plot device that the crew ends up winning over the villain and they all become best buds - but at least the reasoning here is actually decent. It makes sense. It's not like Deckard Shaw was just seduced by the awesomeness of the crew.

Declare Shaw is the Vegeta of this franchise, I think...

9 hours ago, jandrew said:

I say this after every Fast movie, but I seriously have no idea what they could do for 9. 8 is such a good endpoint. Considering since 4, they've been to:

- New York

- London

- LA

- Abu Dhabi

- Mexico

- Rio

- Literally all of Central America

- Tokyo

- Azerbaijan

So half the world pretty much. And in terms of plotlines: 

- Brian and Mia have "retired"

- Dom has gone rogue

- Hobbs went from enemy to bff

- Letty has died and returned

- Han, Vince, and Giselle are dead

Reveal hidden contents

And in terms of money shots, weve gotten:

- A desert...race? 

- A (vastly superior) ice "race"

- A runaway oil tanker

- A vault through Rio

- A Russian airplane

- A tank(s)

- Cars falling out of airplanes

- Cars flying through skyscrapers

- Cars falling out of parking garages

- A Russian submarine through ice (!)

Like all seriousness, I really have no idea what could be done next. I know there's gonna be 2 responses: 1. go to space or 2. add Liam Neeson or X action star. Okay as much as I want them in space (again, I said it first), that's not happening (yet). And how many times can we just keep adding more villains for the sake of it?

Reveal hidden contents

Whoever gets the keys to F9, theyre gonna have a real task. Will be interesting to see what they come up with in the brainstorming sessions.

Go back to small scale street racing god damn it

11 hours ago, aabattery said:

They got a few continents left to rampage over (gib NZ f&f), but yeah I really have no idea where they can actually go with this.

On a tangentially related note:

Hide contents

The haka scene with the Rock and his daughters soccer team was kind of awkward in my theatre.

Speaking of Dwayne Johnson, it kind of seemed like this was it for him. I wouldn't be too surprised if this is the end for him in the series because I think that dumb feud thing is actually real. I think there was like one scene where they were in the same shot and they looked like they were CGI-d in or something.

Spoiler

In what way was it awkward? Did people over there feel it was offensive appropriation?

And yeah, that scene right at the end with them all together felt a bit weird like there was hidden CGI going on or something.

Also that scene after they destroyed the sub and saved Vin when the whole crew was celebrating together, you know? I don't think they actually showed him and Vin together in any frame there.

The feud is probably real but honestly? Dwayne was fabulous here, they gotta do everything to bring him back for the next ones cause I'm sure by now he's one of the biggest draws in it, specially domestically I'd imagine. Make him a producer or something but just bring him back to the family.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You know I can take some stupidity

Hide contents

hacking a bunch of cars to wreck shit up in New York.

I can take that. What I can't do is

Hide contents

Dom's ridiculous plan with mama Shaw actually working out.

that shit is just too stupid

Spoiler

Yeah there's really no conceivable way that actually works unless Cipher is the biggest idiot ever and doesn't monitor what he's doing. The coordination involved would be way too much to not notice.

Stupid af (still dug it)

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SophieSlut said:

Guys, let's talk about the actual BOX OFFICE. (That's kinda why I'm on this site :) )

This Thread is to talk about everything when it comes to the Fast and the Furious franchise. If you want to talk strictly numbers go to the weekend thread.

• Like 2