Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

Certain cast members may stop at 9 but the franchise will go on without question. It makes a ton of money and they're not going to slam the brakes on any time soon.

Yeah, agreed. They may pull in for a pit stop, let it rest for slightly longer than two years it's been at. Then rev the engines right back up for the new model.

Having a mild panic attack remembering that the original opened at the end of my sophomore year of high school. I'm gonna be 35, unhappily married and this goddamn machine is gonna still be chugging along.

If you can't make a family, just designate a family like Toretto.

Family is all that we got. It's all about family.

• Like 6

Having a mild panic attack remembering that the original opened at the end of my sophomore year of high school. I'm gonna be 35, unhappily married and this goddamn machine is gonna still be chugging along.

Limp Bizkit in da trailah, YO !

Bring it on !

• Like 1

I feel like when Diesel says one more trilogy he means 8-9-10. :lol: 1-2-4 is a trilogy, 5-6-7 is another. 3 is a direct-to-DVD chapter that mistakenly ended up in theaters :lol:

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 3

Certain cast members may stop at 9 but the franchise will go on without question. It makes a ton of money and they're not going to slam the brakes on any time soon. If this particular cast is done, then you can say goodbye to the more monster grosses this franchise has enjoyed.
It may only be Diesel who leaves, or only certain members. Some may stay given they are not big stars. And while it might mean big drops, the franchise could still make a ton of money, especially in places like China.

It may only be Diesel who leaves, or only certain members. Some may stay given they are not big stars. And while it might mean big drops, the franchise could still make a ton of money, especially in places like China.

I know right! It doesn't even have to open domestically to make a profit.

I was finishing up college, heading to grad school the next year. Long time indeed.  

• Like 1

What exactly is the studio take from China? I feel like I read an article this summer that it's a 20 or 25% take. Always felt that big China grosses pad the final worldwide total nicely but the studios don't see much of it.
  • Like 1

What exactly is the studio take from China? I feel like I read an article this summer that it's a 20 or 25% take. Always felt that big China grosses pad the final worldwide total nicely but the studios don't see much of it.

Yes, they see much less money, but China still contributes a huge amount when it's $100M+ for the studio. The franchise can keep growing in China. All I'm saying is although it may never reach 1.5B again, it will still make stacks of cash. Even if the next movie dropped by half, it'd be a win.

I feel like when Diesel says one more trilogy he means 8-9-10. :lol: 1-2-4 is a trilogy, 5-6-7 is another. 3 is a direct-to-DVD chapter that mistakenly ended up in theat

the trilogy started with 4,5,6. 7,8,9 is the new trilogy. That's why the cast signed 3 pictured deal. Unless the death of paul changed everything and they count 7 as standalone farewell for Brian.

• Like 1

the trilogy started with 4,5,6. 7,8,9 is the new trilogy. That's why the cast signed 3 pictured deal. Unless the death of paul changed everything and they count 7 as standalone farewell for Brian.

I am reading everywhere that Vin Diesel promised a new trilogy starting on Fast 8. 

• Like 1