Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

The beginning of the next 12 sequels.   And Universal has over 1 Billion Reasons that says this franchise will never end.   God Bless Paul but I knew they weren't going to stop.  When he says, "It's from Paul", I'm hoping he's talking about plot and somehow Paul helped with the story.  But not shocked when you do 1 Billion just overseas then you knew a sequel or sequels were coming. 

I'm not really convinced that F7 is going to be the franchise peak. While there's probably some effect from Walker's death, the demographic breakdown really indicates that this is a franchise that's filling a niche that nothing else is.

FF has already been defying expectations for 4 straight films. We're seeing each films set a new peak, and an audience that keys in more and more. There's going to be a lot of loyalty for this film when it comes out, simply because it doesn't really have any product competition.

Since we don't have any real film series to compare it to, I'm looking at TV and considering what Empire just did by increasing viewership with every single episode. An underserved audience will key into it until the rest of the industry catches up and serves them an alternative.

Fast 4 defied expectation but 5&6 fell right in line with most people predictions. It's clear walkers death has contributed a lot to this film given the massive sudden increase, it's pretty likely this us the peak.

Walker was a big part in these movies and a fast and furious movie without him just won't be the same, this franchise has just had its peak.

• Like 1