Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films of All Time 2013: THE RESULTS (final list in OP)

Real stories are stories that you feel for. Harvey Weinstein said it best, "Some movies you feel." And that is true. Transformers is an absolutely unfeeling movie and to be honest it bores the hell out of me. Amour makes you feel and that's why it is so damn great. And to amalgamate Picasso and Haneke, "Film is 24 lies per second. Film is the lie that makes us realise the truth." That is what truly great art of any form is about. It is something that makes us feel. Something that makes us cheer and cry and shout and react; it is something that draws a visceral reaction in us that makes us understand more about humanity. That is what film is about; not the mindless entertainment that it is today. 

Liked for this. Nice. However, it can come in any and many forms. Some people react to Transformers films. I think any and every film can reach someone, somewhere, obviously "good" films reach more people, but even "mindless entertainment" can still work a spell.

Most films do try to be good even if they fail. I don't think anyone really goes in saying, "We'll make a bad film, I'll be proud of that,"