Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films of All Time 2013: THE RESULTS (final list in OP)

88. Do the Right Thing

LYR: 145

Spike Lee, 1989

Nominated for 2 Oscars

33 points

"The story of life is this: static. One hand is always fighting the other hand, and the left hand is kicking much ass."

Synopsis: On the hottest day of the year on a street in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn, everyone's hate and bigotry smolders and builds until it explodes into violence.

Trivia: The word "fuck" is used approximately 240 times in this film, a rate of two a minute.

87. North by Northwest

LYR: 128

Alfred Hitchcock, 1959

Nominated for 3 Oscars

33 points

"Now you listen to me, I'm an advertising man, not a red herring. I've got a job, a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives and several bartenders that depend upon me, and I don't intend to disappoint them all by getting myself "slightly" killed."

Synopsis: A hapless New York advertising executive is mistaken for a government agent by a group of foreign spies, and is pursued across the country while he looks for a way to survive.

Trivia: Cary Grant got $450,000 for this movie - a substantial amount for the time - plus a percentage of the gross profits. He also received $315,000 in penalty fees for having to stay nine weeks past the time his contract called for.

86. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

LYR: 78

Steven Spielberg, 1989

Nominated for 3 Oscars, won 1

34 points

"We named the dog Indiana."

Synopsis: When Dr. Henry Jones Sr. suddenly goes missing while pursuing the Holy Grail, eminent archaeologist Indiana Jones must follow in his father's footsteps and stop the Nazis.

Trivia: Tom Stoppard did uncredited rewrites on the script.

• Like 6