Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I'll believe this date when i see it. I don't think this movie is ever happening, like apart from the studio none of the principles seem to want it.

I am beginning to agree.

I suspect the idea of a total reboot will be talked about at the Mouse before too much longer.

Just pray that they let this thing go, rather than turn it into a CG-hologram-regenerated Harrison Ford jumping through that uncanny valley of flying fridges and holy caves (you know someone at ILM has been talked to about this). 

Edited by Macleod

3 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Just pray that they let this thing go, rather than turn it into a CG-hologram-regenerated Harrison Ford jumping through that uncanny valley of flying fridges and holy caves (you know someone at ILM has been talked to about this). 

considering that big reason why TROS was so bad was their extreme focus on bringing Carrie Fisher footage to life (didn't look good at all) rathet than writing a coherent script, your fear is very justifiable. 

• Like 3

Rewatched all four Indiana Jones films for the first time in 5-6 years and yeah, I'd be pretty happy without another one. They already did the "ending to the franchise" thing twice (and both were executed pretty well imo) and I'm really happy with how they ended it with the 4th film. Ending it a 3rd time with a shittier director is just going to suck. Just remake it or kill Indiana and Marion off-screen and continue with Labeouf's character set in the 80s or something. 

On 6/4/2020 at 12:33 PM, lorddemaxus said:

Rewatched all four Indiana Jones films for the first time in 5-6 years and yeah, I'd be pretty happy without another one. They already did the "ending to the franchise" thing twice (and both were executed pretty well imo) and I'm really happy with how they ended it with the 4th film. Ending it a 3rd time with a shittier director is just going to suck. Just remake it or kill Indiana and Marion off-screen and continue with Labeouf's character set in the 80s or something. 

Or just go the total reboot route keeping it in the 1930 and maybe 40's, which work better for this franchise then a more modern time frame.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 2:38 PM, Eric Karga said:

This likely means that Mangold is still attached to trying to revive this franchise with Ford...bad idea. 

Connery was likely never going to take part, anyway, as he didn't in the last one.  

They really should just let it go.   

Is there even an interest in this type of an adventure movie anymore? Tomb Raider never really caught on. Dora flopped. The Mummy came the closest with the first 2 but then they lost Weiss and it just wasn't the same so the franchise fizzled. Doubtful Uncharted is gonna do well too. 

• Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 10:37 AM, Valonqar said:

Is there even an interest in this type of an adventure movie anymore? Tomb Raider never really caught on. Dora flopped. The Mummy came the closest with the first 2 but then they lost Weiss and it just wasn't the same so the franchise fizzled. Doubtful Uncharted is gonna do well too. 

The difference is those movies were shit, and a Mangold Indy has a very high chance of NOT being shit

On 11/6/2020 at 5:05 PM, SpiderByte said:

The difference is those movies were shit, and a Mangold Indy has a very high chance of NOT being shit

Quality doesn't necessary mean interest. Many consider BR2049 a masterpiece or close to it yet interest wasn't there. It flopped. Indy 5 likely wouldn't flop cause more accessible but perhaps it wouldn't be as big as expected either because the genre seems outdated.

• Like 1