Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

On 12/19/2022 at 10:26 AM, Eric in Boots said:

Again, I love Mangold... but if this was actually true, this would be the first multi-hundred-million dollar tentpole in decades ...perhaps evah...  to have not shot any "pickups" or "additional inserts" to word it the most respectful way I can.  Mangold, like Gunn over at DC, should probably lay low over the rest of the holidays until serious promo for the movie starts to happen in the spring.  This snippy back and forth via Twitter does no one any favors...especially when you're essentially contradicting a quote from the Maestro John Williams (!). 

Edited by Macleod

6 hours ago, Macleod said:

Again, I love Mangold... but if this was actually true, this would be the first multi-hundred-million dollar tentpole in decades ...perhaps evah...  to have not shot any "pickups" or "additional inserts" to word it the most respectful way I can.  Mangold, like Gunn over at DC, should probably lay low over the rest of the holidays until serious promo for the movie starts to happen in the spring.  This snippy back and forth via Twitter does no one any favors...especially when you're essentially contradicting a quote from the Maestro John Williams (!).

I'm not sure where you got the idea from that Mangold claimed there weren't any pickups. His statements never included such a claim. What he said, is that the movie is all but finished now and in the process of getting a rating, and there is zero indication that this is wrong.

Principal photography started in June 2021, even with the break due to Harrison Ford's injury it still finished in early 2022. Now its December 2022. Any pickups would have been done by now. You also have to remember that the release had been pushed back by a whole year even though Indiana Jones never took ages in post production, so the movie would obviously be done way before the release would happen.

Apart from that, Indy IV had no filming past principal photography outside of one establishing shot done a bit later on. So yes, it does indeed happen.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Macleod said:

Williams is old, why is so impossible that he mistake?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I sincerely blame the Snyder cult for this. Also all the vitriol that spread within Star Wars. I used to be proud of being a nerd for like… 5 years. Today I mostly feel shame. Congrats.

I am pretty disgusted with fandom in general because...well, I see so much stupid behavior in it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

I am pretty disgusted with fandom in general because...well, I see so much stupid behavior in it.

For a hot minute, fandoms were amazing. Nerd culture was amazing. But then we got invaded by idiots with Qanon bullshit theories and a ‘dear leader’ that stoked those flames against the ‘establishment’. I think we should have pushed harder and called the Snyder fanboys back then on their bullshit harder. Equating MCU, Star Wars and fans of everything else with whatever bullshit they were going with resulted on this. Of course that it has now spread to every single other fandom, regardless how sizable the presence.

That’s also one of the major reasons why I’m so hellbent against rumor mongers and people that live for social media clout on ‘rumors’ when it comes to films. Fuck them, fuck them all. Deplatform them by ignoring them and flat out calling on their bullshit. We don’t need that, and we should be calling out that kind of behavior harder.

We can still recover what fandoms once were, but we have a lot of dirty laundry to sort it out among ourselves.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The biggest problem now is social media amplifies it. We used to be able to drown it out but now we give it far too much attention.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

My bookie has this at 33/1 as the highest grossing film of 2023 with longer odds than such movies as THE MARVELS, DUNE 2, SHAZAM 2 and THE HUNGER GAMES prequel.

Absolutely absurd price. I put a fiver on it.

I mean he's not wrong. I'm still leaning towards Guardians but I could see it going either way.

Edited by poweranimals