Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

18 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

66% This is only going in one direction now. 

Rocket Engine GIF by Moonfall

hang on, there were 51 rotten reviews in the screenshot I took earlier but now there are 50, hence the 66%. What happened here.

66.png

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

hang on, there were 51 rotten reviews in the screenshot I took earlier but now there are 50, hence the 66%. What happened here.

66.png

Maybe they finally came to their senses and deleted that idiot from RT? I mean, if that’s the case it was about damn time.

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Maybe they finally came to their senses and deleted that idiot from RT? I mean, if that’s the case it was about damn time.

That sus af guy's review can still be found on his individual page, but indeed I can't find it anymore on the movie's page so that's definitely the missing rotten review. This could still be a bug, but it's very convenient that it just happened to be him. RT might be taking action here.

noah.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Lucas said:

That sus af guy's review can still be found on his individual page, but indeed I can't find it anymore on the movie's page so that's definitely the missing rotten review. This could still be a bug, but it's very convenient that it just happened to be him. RT might be taking action here.

noah.png

Good, not fucking around with troll reviews is a nice change of pace from RT. They need to be more cautious with who they feature there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lucas said:

An A score (100) from Original Cin is incoming to MetaCritic. It just got added to RT.

Original Cin's 100 got added to MC, as well as positive reviews from ReelViews and USA Today (both still have not been added on RT). MC now at 58, so this can still trend to green which would be nuts after starting in the 40s.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I don't get the out and out hate for this movie many posters here are showing. I can understand being dissapointed, but there is just some real hate by some people.

Most of them never wanted this film to exist in the first place, primarily due to Ford's age. The fact it got finished after so many years of development, and the reception so far being more-or-less the same as Crystal Skull is what's making them question why Lucasfilm went through the trouble. (But we can't say definitely if it was worth it until the numbers actually come through!)

• Like 1

Just now, John Marston said:

It is kind of shocking. Indiana Jones, one of the most beloved movie characters of all time, is going to go out with a huge whimper 

I kind of put it in that Keaton Batman bracket personally, where the time for nostalgia cash ins has passed because it's a character not really beloved like that by younger generations.

Just now, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

I’m thinking an opening in the 40-45 range at this point. I just don’t think Gen Z cares about Indy. 

I don't think millennials do either tbh.

Would be something if this makes less than Uncharted. Because I think there's a strong case to be made that even though obviously derivative, that Nathan Drake is a couple gens Indiana Jones because of the games.

• Like 1

I don't hate it I'm rooting for it. But I have to be realistic.. this is gonna be an epic bomb and it's not exactly the way I want icons harrison Ford and John Williams to go out...say what you want about what they did to han in TFA (and personally I like the way he was handled) but that movie made 2 billion dollars...this movie would be lucky to make a quarter of that

• Sad 1