Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

Pass. Harrison Ford bookending a movie as Indy with Pratt as Indy in the middle via flashbacks? Could work. Or they could just have Pratt be Indy for the whole movie.

Didn't the DHD article say Pratt would be taking over Indy?

I would snark about how Koepp wrote the screenplay for Crystal Skull, but I am still curious what kind of script he could write when not forced to work from a 2000s George Lucas storyline.

Pretty good one look at his resume.

Pratt is good can certainly handle the humour but he hasn't proven yet that he can bring the gravitas that Ford brought effortlessly to the role. The only way I can see this reboot working is if they keep Ford for the prologue and have the movie be a flashback to young Indy. Even better, have a split timeline story with old Indy uncovering a mystery from his youth and cut back and forth between the two, kinda like a Godfather Part II narrative. That way you ease the audience into the change, since people are attached way more to Ford in the role than anyone who's played Bond, even Connery.

Edited by Darth Homer
  • Like 1

Pratt is good can certainly handle the humour but he hasn't proven yet that he can bring the gravitas that Ford brought effortlessly to the role. The only way I can see this reboot working is if they keep Ford for the prologue and have the movie be a flashback to young Indy. Even better, have a split timeline story with old Indy uncovering a mystery from his youth and cut back and forth between the two, kinda like a Godfather Part II narrative. That way you ease the audience into the change, since people are attached way more to Ford in the role than anyone who's played Bond, even Connery.

You don't know if Ford is beyond Connery, because no one else has played IJ in the movies. I would imagine when Connery was replaced it was hard for viewers of the series.

You don't know if Ford is beyond Connery, because no one else has played IJ in the movies. I would imagine when Connery was replaced it was hard for viewers of the series.

I never had then a problem with it, but that was probably bcs they made it clear to me that the 007 did not meant a certain person, but simply #7 out of an unknown big/small group of special secret agents. 

If an agent dies or goes into retirement.... they'll have to fill up the job again.

So ... in a way the James Bond name is the same.

I didn't liked Lazenby for other reasons, never had an adjustment problem with the others

I think more people had problems after Roger Moore to accept Timothy Dalton, but again, I think this too was more about he wasn't liked as much as Moore/Connery, some said he is arrogant or doesn't have the right charisma and so on.

Edited by terrestrial