A Marvel Fanboy

NOW YOU SEE ME 2 | June 10, 2016 | New Trailer on Page 17

Every movie makes money, but not always more than the original.

This year we had 15 sequels and only 5 of them made more than the previous one (domestic).

But who are you or Goffe or me or anyone to say that any film is unnecessary?  NYSM had a fantastic multiplier which indicates excellent WOM.  The story is ripe for a sequel because there was so much left unresolved at the end.  This is a dream scenario for the studio.  Put your faith in a good script and hope it resonates with an audience and then make a sequel that will make you more money.  

As for bapi's statement that only 5 films made more money than the last film in the series, Hangover 3, Wolverine and Die Hard are coming off not well liked films at all.  So that was bound to happen.  Scary Movie 5 and TCM are horror films that have worn out their welcome.  So take those away and the only real disappointments in terms of sequels are Smurfs, Percy Jackson and Red.  The others all made money.

So NYSM is in a great position to be a film that makes money for LG.

• Like 1

But who are you or Goffe or me or anyone to say that any film is unnecessary?  NYSM had a fantastic multiplier which indicates excellent WOM.  The story is ripe for a sequel because there was so much left unresolved at the end.  This is a dream scenario for the studio.  Put your faith in a good script and hope it resonates with an audience and then make a sequel that will make you more money.  

As for bapi's statement that only 5 films made more money than the last film in the series, Hangover 3, Wolverine and Die Hard are coming off not well liked films at all.  So that was bound to happen.  Scary Movie 5 and TCM are horror films that have worn out their welcome.  So take those away and the only real disappointments in terms of sequels are Smurfs, Percy Jackson and Red.  The others all made money.

So NYSM is in a great position to be a film that makes money for LG.

Did I say that any film is unnecessary?

Did you not agree that this was an unneccesary sequel?

:ph34r: Sequel or not, movies make money. Not all sequels top the originals.

NYSM2 could have ended with #1, but I see a sequel made. Movies like the Hitcher, Gran Torino, Fight Club Scarface don't need sequels.

Sequels make money. There's no way around it. They are safer than original projects.

GA will suffer from a sequel fatigue and 2015 will be epitome of it. Too many sequels are profits in short-term, but eventually GA will be tired.

GA will suffer from a sequel fatigue and 2015 will be epitome of it. Too many sequels are profits in short-term, but eventually GA will be tired.

Don't worry, Terminator is there for a reason. Something has to bomb badly and Paramount is making sure the movies of other studios make money  :ph34r:

• Like 2

sequel or not the only thing that matters is if its a good movie or not

there are a lot of new things that can be done in nysm too & Im pretty excited 4 some character interactions betw 5+1

its not nysm part 6 after all so i hope ppl are not tired of it yet :D

Edited by Leyla

amazing news! :wave:he def enjoyed filming !now we need to chop chop confirm the whole cast returning! 

I watched the film last night.It made about this much sense:[-----]

happy u didnt like it 

from movieweb

"We're actively working on the sequel to Now You See Me, so that is happening. We're writing it, and it's pretty fun. We had such a great time doing that and we loved the characters. Our biggest problem now is that we have too many great ideas. We're sort of saying, 'What if he would do that? That would be amazing, I want to see this, I want to see that.' We want it to be intense and as twisty as the first one, but also learn more about the characters and go deeper, what a great sequel should do. That's going to take not too long, but enough so, just like in the first one, it's perfectly crafted. If you think about it, David Copperfield takes five years to prep, to create and prep. We just have a couple of years to do ours. David Copperfield was always saying, 'Your biggest challenge is you only have two years to do your movie, or one year to do your movie.'"

http://www.movieweb.com/news/exclusive-director-louis-leterrier-will-return-for-now-you-see-me-2

Edited by Leyla