A Marvel Fanboy

NOW YOU SEE ME 2 | June 10, 2016 | New Trailer on Page 17

another interview w/Louie

hmm here he sounds kinda unsertain

Movies.com: Will you direct it?

Leterrier: I think I will, but it just depends on my schedule and everything. We all had so much fun on the first one, but right now I'm just involved with the writing and coming up with the ideas for the second one. If I don't direct it, I will produce it, and be deeply involved. So that's that. And G, and some other stuff. I'm a lucky guy. It was a very enjoyable summer just to see how our little movie performed in the box office here and everywhere. It was incredible and I've been very, very happy.

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/louis-leterrier-interview-now-you-see-me/13374?wssac=164&wssaffid=news

Obviously they don't have the script yet and actors' have some schedules so it could be complicated plus Louie was developing two other projects and it would be hard to just wait and wait and wait. After all 300 and Wanted had similar budgets and even higher grosses but...

• Like 1

Surpassing expectations is more important than making money at the box office. 

No it's not. Studios rather make a profit of $30 million instead of expected $40 million than lose $10 million instead of expected $20 million. The former is more likely to get a sequel ceteris paribus than the latter.

• Like 1

Obviously they don't have the script yet and actors' have some schedules so it could be complicated plus Louie was developing two other projects and it would be hard to just wait and wait and wait. After all 300 and Wanted had similar budgets and even higher grosses but...

im afraid some actors' schedules may conflict with the filming :( crossing fingers everything falls into place timing wise

New interview w/Louie

talks a bit abt the sequel

The sequel has now been announced, but on the audio commentary producer Bobby Cohen made an interesting point about endings and the way that he wanted Now You See Me to have that final shot where you don’t see what happens to the Four Horsemen. On the commentary you talk specifically about wanting to preserve that mystery, but if you make the sequel are you not undermining your original intention?

Yeah, absolutely! The sequel has been announced but it will only be done if everybody is willing to do it, if the screenplay is great, and we can do it right. There’s no advantage for any of us to do a sequel just to make money. This is a risky proposition and you’ll look like a fool. We always had the dream of continuing this adventure. We left doors open; we created some sub-plots and introduced characters. We are writing the sequel right now, and are actually talking about some of the sub-plot of the sequel. This movie will be green lit only if it is perfect, and if it’s as good as the first. So there’s no rush, and the most important thing is to get it right.

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/interview-louis-leterrier-now-you-see-me/

BvS is supposed to start shooting in May and I don't think Jesse will be needed for more than a couple of months.

thanks a lot for the info :wub: Cause even Gal & Jesse being in that didnt make me want to follow that movie :lol:   

great news!

Im soo anxious to know who's returning & who's gonna be the additionally cast!

& the most important thing is to have Louie return too! ugh its really the happiest news of the weekend! so pleased

Edited by Tauriel

BvS is supposed to start shooting in May and I don't think Jesse will be needed for more than a couple of months.

Actually the shoot will go on for 6 months apparently, so it may be through the end of the year on BvS  (and from rumors, a back to back JL shoot). And that will obviously be the higher priority for the actors involved - can't wait till that shoot begins and pictures start coming out. As much as I enjoyed NYSM, MoS was my favorite movie of 2013 and can't wait for the sequels to both.

Edited by grim22