A Marvel Fanboy

NOW YOU SEE ME 2 | June 10, 2016 | New Trailer on Page 17

I don't think all actors will be needed for six months. Ben Affleck is supposed to start prepping his Whitey Bulger movie in fall as well.

The Affleck Bulger movie has been delayed, the Johnny Depp one will beat it to production: http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/berlin-johnny-depp-seals-deal-to-play-whitey-bulger-in-black-mass-tom-hardy-in-talks-to-play-fbi-pal-john-connolly/

Affleck only has the adaptation of Live By Night, and that isn't prepping till December as per recent reports.

hmm but Jesse plays  a baddie so hopefully he doesnt need that much shooting time like 'the heroes'

At leat i hold out hope 

As for Justice League he may not be a villain there or not the only one

who kows

It'd be pretty sad if Jesse isnt in the sequel. 3 Horsemen wouldnt be as good as 4 thats for sure

& without a leader :(

There could be a lot of great developement for them in the sequel cause the 1st film really didnt show much backstory & was more dedicated to the chase itself

Id love to see more of Merritt/Atlas banter & stuff. They have great chem with Woody :wub:

also Atlas/Henley are pretty popular & i dont think the writers will just let it be that the most popular character from the original just disappears

hmm Maybe reduced screentime will be the solution

Anyway I really hope it works out for this film

Edited by Tauriel

So is this for summer 2015? Isn't September kinda late or it's perfectly fine since this is not really vfx-heavy?

Perfectly fine. I also thing they will probably release it outside the Summer. Maybe October?

Edited by CJohn

Smaller studios have a smaller pool of hit movies to make sequels from. That's why you get Red 2 for example. This had a 4x multiplier so why not try for a sequel. I'm sure it sold well on home video

Red 2 flopped.

Edited by Fancyarcher

I like the cast, but that doesn't make the movie good.

Cause i feel it wasn't. Felt like two hours of "omg were so clever!"Yet I still ended up liking the movie even if I didn't care for most of it...just cause I liked the end plot twist (I didn't even bother trying to reason whether it made sense, that's just liking the cast doing it's job).That being said...I don't think it was a good movie. I have no real faith in a sequel.But you, with that multiplier...might as well.

Franco drops some info during the Neighbours promo  :wub:

Last I heard, we were still going at the end of this year. … I’ve heard a pitch of the story. It’s actually going to be really exciting. I was slightly weary, just because you never know when it comes to a sequel. But I think the first one opened up enough avenues. There are many directions left to explore. There are many places that it can go, and they really – they held true to the spirit of the first one, but it’s going to be enough of a departure that it doesn’t just feel like a complete copy of the first one."

Franco went on to explain that a big portion of Now You See Me 2 will be spent exploring who this tight-knit band of illusionists really are off of the stage. As he mentions, they spent so much time in the first movie on a stage, in various states of performance, and the team now wants to figure out who they are as individuals – and likely, who they can scam next. 

Who will be back for Now Your See Me 2 (or, Now You Still See Me)? Louis Leterrier is scheduled to return to the director’s chair. Most of the original cast is expected to return, while Deadline reported in February that locations will shift to Europe and Asia to capitalize on the first film’s international successes.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Now-You-See-Me-2-Expected-Start-Filming-Later-Year-42844.html

:drool:  :drool:  :drool: 

No script yet tho so there may be a delay

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/dave-franco-now-you-see-me-2-script/

Edited by Tauriel