Shawn Robbins

Weekend Estimates: Elysium 30.5M; Millers 26.55M; Planes 22.53M; Percy Jackson 14.6M Pg 29

• Founder / Operator

Didn't see a thread (didn't look hard, though)... :Phttp://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2013-08-07-north-america-were-the-millers-bags-solid-17m-from-tuesday-shows-percy-jackson-sea-of-monsters-conjures-soft-853kGotta head out but figured I'd post these really quick, maybe a Mod can add more info to the title? :)

Very quick noteEly 10.8-11.4m,WTM 8.5,Pla 8.5-9,PJ 4.8,2G 3.4,Smu2 3.1,TW 2.4,DM2/TC 2, GU2 1.3,Tur/BJ/CE 700k

Edited by CJohn

Elysium will go over 30M OW if these estimates hold. Another comedy brings the money home. Planes may end with more than Turbo and Smurfs DOM. Power to Pixa... I mean DisneyToons! LOL at Flop Jackson. WTF was FOX thinking when they schedule it in this weekend?

Not necessarily. It could die out at the box office next weekend because of competition.

9.5M would mean about 40M 5-day. I don't see how it drops so quickly even with competition. WOM for WTM is good. 

9.5M would mean about 40M 5-day. I don't see how it drops so quickly even with competition. WOM for WTM is good. 

Actually it would be about 38 million, still competition is competition, and just because the cinemascore is good doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll have the greatest of legs.

Not saying it won’t, I’m just saying that 100 million is not 100% possible.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

Planes will have made its budget back from this weekend alone, guess Disney were right to give it a theatrical release. WTM is another success for WB and NL, comedy has done well this summer with the success of TITE, GU2 and now WTM. Poor for PJ.