Shawn Robbins

Weekend Estimates: Elysium 30.5M; Millers 26.55M; Planes 22.53M; Percy Jackson 14.6M Pg 29

I'm really not surprised by PJ's flopping.  When I saw the trailer, the effects looked worse than in the first film.  

Too bad for Wolverine.  It wasn't a bad film and deserved a bit better.

And good for Elysium tanking.  When you make an intentionally intensely political film, and even sympathetic critics say how strident and none-too-subtle that message is, for Matt Damon to try and insult people's intelligence and say that there's nothing political in it is insulting to fans.  Still, I did  like District 9, so maybe I'll buy a ticket for Wolverine and walk in and see Elysium.

I considered doing similar thing many times (with different movies though) but couldn't make myself to do it. It felt like cheating. :lol:

Millers seem to be the one. I may even check it out.

It looks more interesting to me too and I'm a fantasy and sci-fi fan. Elysium just looks too bleak for me.

OMG You actually think she looks OK in these pictures???? Ok she got such beautiful eyes but her lips in the top two pics just turn me off big time. She looks pretty in the bottom pic but it's a blurry photo. I might like her more if I think Donald Duck was my type of guy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh god, she was an ugly teenager indeed! Sourgrapes much?

Whatever...

Posted Image

• Like 2

I considered doing similar thing many times (with different movies though) but couldn't make myself to do it. It felt like cheating. :lol:

It looks more interesting to me too and I'm a fantasy and sci-fi fan. Elysium just looks too bleak for me.

I'm not really a sci fi fan and decided to broaden my horizons this summer if a movie looked interesting. I was all for Elysium but am having second thoughts because I really don't want to waste my money on a movie that I won't like. I did that with Pacific Rim.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh god, she was an ugly teenager indeed! Sourgrapes much?

Whatever...

Posted Image

Yes she was and you can see how prettier she turned out to be after getting all the works done.

Sourgrapes?? LOL... :lol:  :lol: You don't know what I look like..

As Rich said yesterday, sci fi fatigue is in full effect. Nobosy (except rainbowtrout, no suprise) is skipping Elyaium because of its message. People are skipping it because its like the hundreth fucking sci fi movie this year.

I'm not really a sci fi fan and decided to broaden my horizons this summer if a movie looked interesting. I was all for Elysium but am having second thoughts because I really don't want to waste my money on a movie that I won't like. I did that with Pacific Rim.

It's easy to enjoy Pacific Rim but maybe I just like that type of movie. :lol:  I was quite keen to see Elysium a few weeks ago but I just lose all my interest right now... :huh:

As Rich said yesterday, sci fi fatigue is in full effect. Nobosy (except rainbowtrout, no suprise) is skipping Elyaium because of its message. People are skipping it because its like the hundreth fucking sci fi movie this year.

Then what about comic book movies? I'm looking forward to that fatigue.

• Like 1

Then what about comic book movies? I'm looking forward to that fatigue.

Actually, outside of TA related and Batman, the two mega franchises, I think comic book fatigue is starting to slowly kick in, too. Not as much as sci fi- the number of sci fi movies recently has just been tremendous, and none have been that great. And I say that as a big sci fi fan.

:mellow:

Yeah, but reading you I'm not sure I even want to know what you look like.

Why?? Because my taste in girl's beauty is different to yours? :mellow:  :mellow:

How is that an ugly teenager?! KATCH 22 should visit my high school. 

Only if the teenage guys look better. :lol:  :lol: