Shawn Robbins

Weekend Estimates: Elysium 30.5M; Millers 26.55M; Planes 22.53M; Percy Jackson 14.6M Pg 29

Overheard at the Grove while standing in line for tickets.Guy 1: Yesterday was a bad day, my girlfriend dumped me and Elysium suckedGuy 2: Damn, I was really looking forward to Elysium, sad that it sucksEveryone has priorities I guess

• Like 6

Just shows Inception is hard to come by, when it comes to original sci fi, that is. Nice to see big names jumping on the bandwaggon after Nolan's masterpiece but neither Oblivion nor Elysium came anywhere close to that quality. Inception isf this decade's icon for sure.

So far for sure. But this decade still got 7 years left.

But of cause, it just shows that Nolan is such an brillient and unique writer-director that we rarely see in this business, and how rare it is these days for a original sci-fi to be that successful both critically and financially.

Edited by vc2002

Overheard at the Grove while standing in line for tickets.Guy 1: Yesterday was a bad day, my girlfriend dumped me and Elysium suckedGuy 2: Damn, I was really looking forward to Elysium, sad that it sucksEveryone has priorities I guess

This is priceless but, yeha, the WOM is spreading that it sucks. A co-worked today said to me"I don't know whether to see Elysium casue I've heard it sucks" so I said "I'm on the fence too for the same reason."

So far for sure. But this decade still got 7 years left.

But of cause, it just shows that Nolan is such an brillient and unique writer-director that we rarely see in this business.

Inception is holding up well and will hold up well. It doesn't have effects that will look outdated (no creatures who are first to show signs of SFX aging),it's samrt and one always discovers something new on repeat viewings, ending is still intrin guing and up for interpretation and there's a solid emotional core around which the movie's built. Great performances and action too.  

• Like 1

Good. Logan is now free from that shit that wasted his talent.

I don't know much about the actor Logan or his talents, but I do agree that he (and the rest of them) are in a shit movie. Who the hell was looking forward to that movie? I've heard of no trailers for it until like, days ago when it was posted here. And the trailer looked like crap.

I thought Planes budget was 50m?

Very likely. Didn't Disney completely re-do the voice cast when they decided to give it a theatrical release? Going from no-names to a more recognizable voice cast had to up the budget.

On the other hand, how much could it really cost to add the likes of Val Kilmer and Sinbad these days? Posted Image

Very likely. Didn't Disney completely re-do the voice cast when they decided to give it a theatrical release? Going from no-names to a more recognizable voice cast had to up the budget.

On the other hand, how much could it really cost to add the likes of Val Kilmer and Sinbad these days? Posted Image

LOL. Anyway, I just posted a link and the quote from THR saying 50m. So I guess that's the number.

I don't know much about the actor Logan or his talents, but I do agree that he (and the rest of them) are in a shit movie. Who the hell was looking forward to that movie? I've heard of no trailers for it until like, days ago when it was posted here. And the trailer looked like crap.

Logan is phenomenal in Perks of Being a Wallflower and so is rest of that cast. Since it's studio fucked up the release and awards campaign, they got a bucketload of cirtical noms but couldn't make the cut for so-called televized awards.

Logan is phenomenal in Perks of Being a Wallflower and so is rest of that cast. Since it's studio fucked up the release and awards campaign, they got a bucketload of cirtical noms but couldn't make the cut for so-called televized awards.

Oh I remember seeing trailers for that! I wanted to check that out, it looked good.

Oh I remember seeing trailers for that! I wanted to check that out, it looked good.

You should check it out,  Perks and Dredd were 2 movies I found extremely good with a boxoffice take that was ridiculously low.

They both deserved so much better.

Edited by Incarnadine
  • Like 3

You should check it out,  Perks and Dredd were 2 movies I found extremely good with a boxoffice take that was ridiculously low.

They both deserved so much better.

Perks is a really good movie. Haven't seen Dredd.