Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

BTW, I watched Rangitharanga. Other than the song Dennana Dennana which is fantastic and the cinematography, the movie is garbage. My 'daughter wanted to leave in the middle of the movie. I'm shocked that this stinking pile of crap is a mega blockbuster. The script is pitiful with too many sub plots and the acting is downright terrible.

Kashinath's movie form the late 70s, Aparichitha was a vastly superior movie in this genre.

Edited by jb007

From BOI's questions this week:

Q. Which film would you has actually had the best opening ever as its obvious the numbers get higher every year though but that is just because of inflation?

Ans.  Best to split it up into decades. Discounting for holidays, in real terms post 2010 it is Dhoom 3, 2000-2009 is Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Ghan and 1990-1999 is Khalnayak.

A. Mulani

Curious.  I assume they're either referring to admissions or opening relative to contemporary market size. 

Also, by BOI, Bajirao has crossed 175 net and Dilwale is sitting at 139.  WW Dilwale at 355 and BM at 335, so 690 crores collectively and they can add ~15-20 more IMO.  Will cross 700 crores combined WW, >$100M.  Not bad for a crap film and a mediocre one.  They essentially did ~95% of PK's business across the board.

Edited by spizzer

3 minutes ago, spizzer said:

Also, by BOI, Bajirao has crossed 175 net and Dilwale is sitting at 139.  WW Dilwale at 355 and BM at 335, so 690 crores collectively and they can add ~15-20 more IMO.  Will cross 700 crores combined WW, >$100M.  Not bad for a crap film and a mediocre one.  They essentially did ~95% of PK's business across the board.

The clash definitely hurt both the movies in the end. No major milestones for either one. Will be interesting to see the Raees vs Sultan clash over Eid this year since I am expecting both movies to be pretty good.

• Like 1

The Sanjay Dutt biopic will release during Christmas season 2017, Ranbir Kapoor will play Sanjay Dutt. http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/movies/features/type/view/id/9561

This movie will be interesting, Rajkumar Hirani is Dutt's close friend, so he may have more leeway to really go into all of Dutt's life without skimming over the drugs and gangsters phase. Also interesting is the fact that this will be the first ever biopic of a movie star when the star is still alive and could feasibly play himself for the past 10-15 years of his life so far (from say Vaastav onwards).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The Sanjay Dutt biopic will release during Christmas season 2017, Ranbir Kapoor will play Sanjay Dutt. http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/movies/features/type/view/id/9561

This movie will be interesting, Rajkumar Hirani is Dutt's close friend, so he may have more leeway to really go into all of Dutt's life without skimming over the drugs and gangsters phase. Also interesting is the fact that this will be the first ever biopic of a movie star when the star is still alive and could feasibly play himself for the past 10-15 years of his life so far (from say Vaastav onwards).

LMAO I just googled Ranbir to read about this and was blasted with "Ranbir-Katrina break up: 5 reasons they were never meant to be" and that kind of shit.

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

According to BOM, Star Wars ended with 4.1M, so around 25-27Cr Gross, huge underperformance compared to most other markets.

Not ended.... will finish with 4.5M (30 crore).

Opening was below par but decent (14 crore), but the legs should have been better given it had 10 days of partial holidays.

Seems WOM wasn't good at all.

2 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Record-breaking Indian blockbuster sells to Germany:

Will be interesting to see if German and other audiences go for it. It is pretty much an historical epic, but almost all Indians who want to watch it will have already done so considering it has been out on Cable and DVD for some time now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Will be interesting to see if German and other audiences go for it. It is pretty much an historical epic, but almost all Indians who want to watch it will have already done so considering it has been out on Cable and DVD for some time now.

I think that might depend a LOT on the marketing. But someone seems to belief in it, or the buy wouldn't have happened, so let's hope for the right people at the right places

23 hours ago, terrestrial said:

I think that might depend a LOT on the marketing. But someone seems to belief in it, or the buy wouldn't have happened, so let's hope for the right people at the right places

The article doesn't say if Splendid plans a cinema release or only a home video. It seems there is a viable market for foreign historic and war epics on DVD/Bluray round here.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Phileas said:

The article doesn't say if Splendid plans a cinema release or only a home video. It seems there is a viable market for foreign historic and war epics on DVD/Bluray round here.

I am happy with anything that broadens the potential of diverse movie experience. With a tendency to want it to be on a cinema screen too.

With this weekend effectively being a 5 day weekend, it will be interesting to see if Airlift can get the patriotic theme across and make it big at the BO. KKHH3 will definitely open well on day 1 but I dont see it sustaining especially with Mastizaade next weekend.

Airlift opened decently but it has been holding fantastically...... WOM is pretty good!

Daily collections:

FRI: 12.35

SAT: 14.60

SUN: 17.35

MON: 10.40

TUE: 17.80

TOTAL: 72.50 crore nett = 98 crore gross = $14.4M

So it is looking at 85 crore first week. Second weekend will be around 20 crore.

140 crore should happen, while 150 crore is possible!

7 hours ago, Fake said:

Airlift opened decently but it has been holding fantastically...... WOM is pretty good!

Daily collections:

FRI: 12.35

SAT: 14.60

SUN: 17.35

MON: 10.40

TUE: 17.80

TOTAL: 72.50 crore nett = 98 crore gross = $14.4M

So it is looking at 85 crore first week. Second weekend will be around 20 crore.

140 crore should happen, while 150 crore is possible!

My parents went to watch Airlift. They almost never go to watch a movie, this will play for a long time.