Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

Disney being offered crazy prices for Avatar 2 distribution rights in South India, and they declined :o

Heard ₹150cr offered which would need ₹375-400cr GROSS to breakeven. Endgame is biggest performer in region, grossed ₹131cr, inflation adjusted around ~₹175cr. I was expecting ₹250cr GROSS, even that would have been insanely good.

This is just too much.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Disney being offered crazy prices for Avatar 2 distribution rights in South India, and they declined :o

Heard ₹150cr offered which would need ₹375-400cr GROSS to breakeven. Endgame is biggest performer in region, grossed ₹131cr, inflation adjusted around ~₹200cr. I was expecting ₹250cr GROSS, even that would have been insanely good.

This is just too much.

you upping your ww prediction?

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

Pathan looks like another overhyped big budget Bollywood movie. Hope it delivers, mans should have done Don 3 as a huge comeback.

Don 3 would've been a ridiculous choice.

Only place where Don 2 got appreciation was on THE INTERNET, outside Twitter & Reddit i haven't seen a single person that liked it. 

It had less than stellar legs on the most lucrative period for business. Don 3 wouldn't have worked.

12 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Don 3 would've been a ridiculous choice.

Only place where Don 2 got appreciation was on THE INTERNET, outside Twitter & Reddit i haven't seen a single person that liked it. 

It had less than stellar legs on the most lucrative period for business. Don 3 wouldn't have worked.

I like Don 2, was a bold choice to go for a completely different type of movie than people expected.

I rewatched Don recently and it would be so good if the Arjun Rampal subplot is removed as that adds nothing to the movie.

The movie is actually so so much better on a rewatch because you have the twist in mind and you can see how SRK's performance puts the twist in perspective.

His performance foreshadows the twist perfectly.

4 hours ago, grim22 said:

I like Don 2, was a bold choice to go for a completely different type of movie than people expected.

I rewatched Don recently and it would be so good if the Arjun Rampal subplot is removed as that adds nothing to the movie.

The movie is actually so so much better on a rewatch because you have the twist in mind and you can see how SRK's performance puts the twist in perspective.

I haven't rewatched Don recently but never had problem with Rampal. Brilliant film as I remember.

49 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I haven't rewatched Don recently but never had problem with Rampal. Brilliant film as I remember.

That subplot just eats up time. The only thing we get from that subplot is that reveal that Boman is Vardhan. There were other ways to get to that point if needed.

This was when Rampal was really close with SRK and got in a lot of movies because of that. In fact his (well deserved) National Award is directly because SRK cast him in Don.

7 hours ago, grim22 said:

Yep, once you watch it again more carefully, you'll realise how he was Don all along. There are many hints throughout mainly how SRK potray the character.

On 10/30/2022 at 5:54 PM, charlie Jatinder said:

Kantara highest 5th Weekend in India beating Baahubali 2.

This success is unprecedented for film with no star actor/director...only thing going in its favour is the production house..Hombale films..who seem to be on a roll....Kannada films have stepped up big time..

KGF is to kannada industry..as Baahubali was for Telugu...complete game changers..