Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

TASM2 will be huge. Will be summers biggest. I predict $18M.

TF4 should do about $11-14M

Godzilla $9-11M

TASM2 can reach upto $20M , it's not an origins anymore and will better than 1st 

even SM3 did $16M!  i want this to do it :Pstill i'm with 18M  :)

Edited by Ash

2 States had the second biggest opening overseas in 2014 behind Jai Ho. The film was excellent in North America but did under perform in The Gulf and UK was as usual.  The film should run up a good totalin North America. The five top overseas opening weekend grossers this years are as follows.

1. Jai Ho - $3,500,000

2. 2 States - $2,800,000

3. Gunday -$2,100,000

4. Shaadi Ke Side Effects - $1,700,000

5. Hasee Toh Phasee - $1,050,000

Edited by Spizzer - Manav

http://boxofficeindia.com/Details/art_detail/toptendomesticopeningweekends2014#.U1c1TfldVx0

Top Ten Domestic Opening Weekends 2014

Ragini MMS 2 had the best opening weekend of year after Jai Ho and Gunday. Jai Ho despite not doing great business leads by a distance and there is a similar gap between second places placed Gunday and third places Ragini MMS 2.

Ragini MMS 2 managed a higher opening weekend than films like Shaadi Ke Side Effects, Hasee Toh Phasee, Dedh Ishqiya and Highway which were all bigger films in terms of costs though Ragini MMS 2 had a wider release than these films.

Its been a year where the opening films have not sustained, in fact outside Queen even the films relying on content have not sustained. Below are the domestic top ten opening weekends of 2014.

Top Ten Domestic Opening Weekends Rank Film Release Date  Nett Gross 1 Jai Ho 24 Jan 2014 57,31,00,000 2 Gunday 14 Feb 2014 40,26,00,000 3 Ragini MMS 2 21 Mar 2014 23,30,00,000 approx 4 Shaadi Ke Side Effects 28 Feb 2014 21,27,00,000 5 Hasee Toh Phasee 07 Feb 2014 17,42,00,000 6 Yaariyan 10 Jan 2014 15,70,00,000 7 Highway 21 Feb 2014 12,83,00,000 8 Dedh Ishqiya 10 Jan 2014 10,77,00,000 9 Queen 07 Mar 2014 10,00,00,000 10 Bewakoofiyaan 14 Mar 2014 7,23,00,000

Kinda in a dull spot right now, despite the breakout of Queen a month or so ago.  Nothing interesting off the top of my head (BO wise) in the near future.  Saw a trailer for Xpose (Himesh's new film) and that shit looks funny as hell.  Complete GG rip-off stylistically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GDC0QyIWm4

Kinda in a dull spot right now, despite the breakout of Queen a month or so ago.  Nothing interesting off the top of my head (BO wise) in the near future.  Saw a trailer for Xpose (Himesh's new film) and that shit looks funny as hell.  Complete GG rip-off stylistically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GDC0QyIWm4

I saw that trailer yesterday. The "tribute" to Satyam Shivam Sundaram and Ram Teri Ganga Maili was... interesting.

The completely depressed market is a good thing for TASM2 though, I think it will break out huge, may challenge 80-100Cr due to complete lack of competition and a wide release.

One movie which may break out IMO is "Heropanti" - the Whistle Baja song has blown up in a big way. 

http://youtu.be/4CM1N6n7mV4

• Like 2

You know it is a slow year when the biggest news from the first half so far is this: http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/2480284/Rani-Mukerji-and-Aditya-Chopra-tie-the-knot

Rani Mukerji and Aditya Chopra tie the knot
By Bollywood Hungama News Network, Apr 22, 2014 - 11:11 hrs IST
Posted Image

Over the years, a lot has been said and seen about the rumoured couple, actress Rani Mukherji and filmmaker Aditya Chopra. Though neither side ever confirmed the relationship, insiders and industry circles have always been abuzz.

Now after years of keeping the relationship under wraps, the couple has finally tied the knot. In an official statement, Rafiq Gangjee, Vice President of Marketing & Communications at YRF said, "We are happy to announce that Mr. Aditya Chopra and Ms. Rani Mukerji got married last night on April 21, in Italy. The wedding was a very small intimate affair with very close family and friends. We wish the couple a very happy married life."

Commenting on her joyous day Rani added, "I would like to share the happiest day of my life with all my fans all over the world whose love and blessings have been part of my journey all these years. I know that all my well-wishers who have waited for this day will be really happy for me. It was a beautiful wedding in the Italian countryside with just a few of our close family and friends with us. The one person I missed terribly was Yash Uncle, but I know he was there with us in spirit and his love and blessings will always be with Adi and me. I have always believed in fairy-tales and with God's grace my life has been exactly like one, and now as I enter the most important chapter of my life - the fairy-tale continues." 

Bollywood Hungama too wishes the newlywed couple a very happy and prosperous married life.

• Like 1

Yeah TASM2's going to be huge.  Don't see how it doesn't become the top Hollywood film of all time.

Happy New Year's interesting.  It's been on and off for ages; I remember the original gameplan back in 06 with SRK and BigB and a whole host of others (Raveena I think? just a wide and random cast) and its a completely different project now after falling through following the SRK/Farah feud.  Should be interesting, I still find MHK/OSO fairly enjoyable.

Bombay Velvet is what I'm most looking forward to though this year though.  Kashyap, Trivedi, Ranbir, KJ in his first legitimate acting role...lots to look forward to.  Might give Mumbai Fables a shot this summer.

Yeah TASM2's going to be huge.  Don't see how it doesn't become the top Hollywood film of all time.

Happy New Year's interesting.  It's been on and off for ages; I remember the original gameplan back in 06 with SRK and BigB and a whole host of others (Raveena I think? just a wide and random cast) and its a completely different project now after falling through following the SRK/Farah feud.  Should be interesting, I still find MHK/OSO fairly enjoyable.

Bombay Velvet is what I'm most looking forward to though this year though.  Kashyap, Trivedi, Ranbir, KJ in his first legitimate acting role...lots to look forward to.  Might give Mumbai Fables a shot this summer.

why do you think this? Is it getting a lot of marketing? Does it have a good release date?

Agree on TASM2. The Spider-Man brand is probably the strongest one in India. I would love for it to cross 100Cr, but I don't think that is possible. The dubbed versions will help it immensely though.

Happy New Year is much delayed, but only on the scripting and conception part. It would have been really risky coming out after the Ra.One, Don 2 and JTHJ SRK phase, but Chennai Express brought SRK back in a big way. I like a lot of parts in Main Hoon Na, but I immensely enjoy OSO - the 70s throwbacks are brilliant.

Bombay Velvet will do well for sure, but being a big hit seems beyond it right now (I may change my tune when the promos come out), it seems too niche and art filmy right now.

• Like 1

why do you think this? Is it getting a lot of marketing? Does it have a good release date?

grim's points mainly.  As I said, the market is currently in a dull and relatively empty phase.  There's pent up demand and there haven't been any large scale grossers yet this year (Queen was a great breakout, that SK Jai Ho film was an underpeformer).  So yeah, the release date is ideal.  Couple that with the fact that not only is Spider-Man is the biggest non-Bollywood film brand in the country, its one of the biggest film brands in the country period (Dhoom/Krrish/SRK/AK/SK are bigger, but other actors are arguable and no other franchise is close IMO).  On top of that consider the ever increasing audience for non-local films and that there hasn't been a major one since IM3 a year ago.  Honestly, there's quite a lot going for it.

Agree on TASM2. The Spider-Man brand is probably the strongest one in India. I would love for it to cross 100Cr, but I don't think that is possible. The dubbed versions will help it immensely though.

Happy New Year is much delayed, but only on the scripting and conception part. It would have been really risky coming out after the Ra.One, Don 2 and JTHJ SRK phase, but Chennai Express brought SRK back in a big way. I like a lot of parts in Main Hoon Na, but I immensely enjoy OSO - the 70s throwbacks are brilliant.

Bombay Velvet will do well for sure, but being a big hit seems beyond it right now (I may change my tune when the promos come out), it seems too niche and art filmy right now.

What's the target for biggest Hollywood film?  By BOM Avatar did about 72 Cr net and that's what I remember it doing at the time.  I think TASM2 has more than a good shot of topping that.

Yeah HNY looks like its coming out in the ideal time in SRK's career (with Deepika again to boot).  Looks like a write in for #1 for the year.  Yeah OSO's first half is awesome, from the entire set up to the references and I don't even mind the 07 half, SRK's OTTness actually fits there.

Bombay Velvet's BO prospects are gravy for me.  I'm purely interested in the film itself.

What's the target for biggest Hollywood film?  By BOM Avatar did about 72 Cr net and that's what I remember it doing at the time.  I think TASM2 has more than a good shot of topping that.

Yeah HNY looks like its coming out in the ideal time in SRK's career (with Deepika again to boot).  Looks like a write in for #1 for the year.  Yeah OSO's first half is awesome, from the entire set up to the references and I don't even mind the 07 half, SRK's OTTness actually fits there.

Bombay Velvet's BO prospects are gravy for me.  I'm purely interested in the film itself.

I asked that question earlier in this thread, and FAKE answered it to be 100cr+ net and 140cr+ Gross.

I asked that question earlier in this thread, and FAKE answered it to be 100cr+ net and 140cr+ Gross.

Yeah that's why I was reaffirming.  If that's the case then I wouldn't necessarily put money on it.  It's possible that it tops that but that's still a mammoth task.

Amazing Spiderman grossed 81 crore in India. The WOM wasn't very good, so the increase would be small. I am guessing 90 crore ($15m), but 100 crore is possible if the movie is considerably better than the first and shows some legs.

2012 movie is top grosser in India BO next comes Avatar

2012 was dubbed in hindi tamil telugu these versions collection were on par with certain local movies at tat point of time!!!

I cant see TASM2 doing tat much in India

Godzilla has good chances though!!!!

ASM gross is around 10Million in India Not more than tat!!!! it collected in 45-50cr range i guess but not more than tat

Edited by Superstancer

2012 was dubbed in hindi tamil telugu these versions collection were on par with certain local movies at tat point of time!!!

ASM gross is around 10Million in India Not more than tat!!!!

ASM gross is around 10Million in India Not more than tat!!!!

TASM gross according to BOM is 14.5M, the exchange rates were around 50 in 2012, so that would mean 77.5Crores. And Koimoi has TASM at 50 Cr Nett, so that seems to match the BOM figure.