Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

It will be tight. Ek Villain should do well this weekend if Bobby Jasoos fails to make much impact. If Ek Villain manages to collect above 3 Cr on Friday then it will be good!

But Bobby Jasoos doesn't seem to be that good after having a look at the initial reviews plus Vidya seem to have over promoted the film with all that face-changing gimmick. And in Queen's case, it opened with 1.85 Cr then the tremendous word of mouth did the trick. If Bobby Jasoos also receives such treatment then 15 Cr -- yes for sure!

OW may not have effect with the WOM, but there after it will play with mostly WOM 

Not all of 'em but there are no reliable sources to keep posting the numbers instantly..  ;) Either way the no's are pretty much same for this i have checked in other sites..But some really confuse me then i don't know which one to trust  :huh:

Yes, the lack of uniformity in trade outlets is a problem in India. Anyways, I follow the figs posted by BOI.com as it seems much authentic. They have been posting numbers since 2003. 

• Like 1

OW may not have effect with the WOM, but there after it will play with mostly WOM 

Queen figures on Second day were almost double that of the opening day. I think that WOM does affect a bit from 2nd day.

Small budgeted movies often rely on WOM to get big opening weekend figs. Big budgeted films will post huge opening weekend figures then the WOM comes to play from Monday and afterwards!

Edited by CrazyGuy101
  • Like 1

Queen figures on Second day were almost double that of the opening day. I think that WOM does affect a bit from 2nd day.

Small budgeted movies often rely on WOM to get big opening weekend figs. Big budgeted films will post huge opening weekend figures then the WOM comes to play from Monday and afterwards! 

Vidya Balan is a well known star. Movie is promoted well.It will open good. Are these enough for good no's ?#BobbyJasoos releasing in almost 1350 screens worldwide in 39 countries, incl India.

Edited by Ash

Competition in the form of Ek Villain and Lekar hum Deewane Dil(Newcomers film). TFIOS is also releasing this Friday but it wont affect much. It will be a big surprise if it collects over 4 Cr on Friday! 

Yeah i know

:D

KOIMOI gross is around 372Cr. I used to follow this previously...

They are the official baap in inflating figures. They use Komal Nahta's name in all their trade reports but Komal has claimed many times that he have no connection to the Koimoi site.

:D

They are the official baap in inflating figures. They use Komal Nahta's name in all their trade reports but Komal has claimed many times that he have no connection to the Koimoi site.

Haha yeah that was hilarious. different no's from different sourcesThat is the reason why i will compare some no's for the movies by visiting several websites and their numbers... to know are the numbers true?!

Edited by Ash

Are these enough for good no's ?#BobbyJasoos releasing in almost 1350 screens worldwide in 39 countries, incl India.

Youngistaan also had same number of screen-space but the opening day fig was just around 1 Cr. Movies like Dedh ishqiya, Darr @ The Mall, Revolver Rani, Dishkiyaoon all had similar release but opening day figs were way below 3 Cr barring DE(which collected around 2.75 Cr).

Haha yeah that was hilarious. different no's from different sourcesThat is the reason why i will compare some no's for the movies by visiting several websites and their numbers... to know are the numbers true?!

In India, now its like each and everyone is a trade-analyst and everybody has a number of their own! It gets irritating at times..

Youngistaan also had same number of screen-space but the opening day fig was just around 1 Cr. Movies like Dedh ishqiya, Darr @ The Mall, Revolver Rani, Dishkiyaoon all had similar release but opening day figs were way below 3 Cr barring DE(which collected around 2.75 Cr).

Among all these dedh ishq. and revolver rani has chances to collect more remaining movies had never a chance! But sadly none did! Even the WOM didn't help dedh ishqiya for good gross!

Among all these dedh ishq. and revolver rani has chances to collect more remaining movies had never a chance! But sadly none did!

Even the WOM didn't help dedh ishqiya for good gross!

Dedh Ishqiya was more like a Dark Comedy and such movies rarely makes impact. Just like Ghanchakkar(sort of).

I did't care about ghanchakar but dedh ishqiya was not at all a dark comedy. It is diff. from first that's it and i enjoyed.

It was sort of. And those Urdu shayaris also played a bit of spoilsport(Mature users liked it tho). Anyways, Yaariyan releasing alongside also affected it. Plus DE wasn't even promoted well.

• Like 1