Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

So maybe Avengers Endgame performance  in Asia now is

Top 1 of all time in southeast asia country

Top 4 of all time in China

Top 4  of all time in South Korea

Top 6  of all time in india

Top 8  of all time   in Pakistan

Top 1  of all time  in UAE

Top 2  of all time   in Middle East(after Aladdin)

Top 128 of all time in Japan

Top 2 of all time in Central Asia(after The Lion King)

Top 5 of all time in Israel(maybe)

Really good ,Asia people love Avengers.

Edited by Steven

compare to EG performerce in LA

Top 1 of all time in Brazil,Colombia,Peru,central america,Paraguay

Top 2 of all time in Mexico,Chile

Top 4 of all time in Uraguay

Top 6 of all time in Argentina

and I don't know the data of Cuba.

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Yes. Accountant and Auditor.

You do love numbers... 😉
Me too, but less in the area of accounting, I worked in finding solutions for (spoiler tags as long)

Spoiler

difficult situations, high quality technical expectations,.... worldwide spread out projects incl the calculation of material and time,.... and doing / leading the people actually building the equipment for special made equipment (big events, radio studios, concerts, those ~ containers/special trucks for reporting locally, recording studios, city halls, special multi purpose,....).

As in when literally e.g. Siemens didn't find one, they (Siemens) phoned the company I worked for or directly my phone.

Not one boring day... and lots of insight into people being for a time under high pressure, how they handle them having made mistakes gets known public and so on.

And the funny reactions in e.g. the '80, when a female appears, who looked way too long way too young (I needed to show my identity card into my late '20 at situations you had to be 18 to be allowed access bcs they thought I am 16 - roll-eyes), to take over a badly handled year long in the working project with lots of older males in high positions from 20+ different companies to clear the problem(s) sometimes within one day

Sadly I can't do it any-more for e.g. accident reasons and heavy metal contamination.

See not one boring day, fingers crossed you'll get lots of interesting work then too.

Edited by terrestrial
deleted a strange stripe with patterns in within the tags, I think a sentence or two is missing. Maybe. and added a word
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Justin4125 said:

Overall EG is the top 1 film of all time in both Asia and LatAm, top 5 all time in Europe (and of course rank 2 in the US). I think its fair to say that love is shared globally

Wait,EG is top 4 in Europe,not top5

highest grossing film in Europe

1.Avatar:$1.12B

2.Titanic:$0.79B

3.Star War:The Force Awaken:$0.61B

4.Avengers:Endgame:$0.535B

5.Skyfall:$0.51B

1 hour ago, PKMLover said:

Endgame

Asia-Pacific: $1.128B (top 1 all time)

Europe: $535M (top 5 all time)

Latin America: $275.5M (top 1 all time)

North America: $858.3M (top 2 all time)

bro,EG is top4 of all time in Europe ,not Top5

28 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

Endgame is #5 all time in Europe? That doesn't sound right.

It seems its rank 4 all in Europe (if not its very close). The whole EG underperforming in Europe is overblown. Sure there are some territories where franchises stand out (like the Tolkien films in Germany), but EG is consistently high across each country in Europe.

In relative terms its performances in the US, LatAm and Asia are more impressive, but it still kicked ass in Europe

Edited by Justin4125
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Justin4125 said:

Sure there are some territories where franchises stand out (like the Tolkien films in Germany)

AEG is the first SH/CBM movie I'd call that as such to even reach the top .... of all time in Germany, but only on the money list. The money list is only #49, there is no other CBM on it, not even the ones I'd not call CBM.

admissions = top 100:

MiB did good, but that's not a typical CBM to me, I never list it as such, it sits at #44 as the sole based on a non European comic film. on #49 sits the only other CBM, Asterix, but I think that was an animated version too.

Germany loves fantasy, those older epic movies like Once Upon a Time in the West (adm #3) and Doctor Zhivago (adm #4), western, animated, local comedies,...

The old animated version of Junglebook is #1, Titanic #2, Avatar #10

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer Stone is #5 (I thonk all are in the top 100), LotR 1 is #7, all 6 of them are on it.

Several 007 are in the top 100 list, some romance too, art kino, ...

best Star Wars sits on #25, not all are on the list. PotC has 3 or so too

.... 😉

Edited by terrestrial
$%&&%$ keyboard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

AEG is the first SH/CBM movie I'd call that as such to even reach the top .... of all time in Germany, but only on the money list. The money list is only #49, there is no other CBM on it, not even the ones I'd not call CBM.

admissions = top 100:

MiB did good, but that's not a typical CBM to me, I never list it as such, it sits at #44 as the sole based on a non European comic film. on #49 sits the only other CBM, Asterix, but I think that was an animated version too.

Germany loves fantasy, those older epic movies like Once Upon a Time in the West (adm #3) and Doctor Zhivago (adm #4), western, animated, local comedies,...

The old animated version of Junglebook is #1, Titanic #2, Avatar #10

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer Stone is #5 (I thonk all are in the top 100), LotR 1 is #7, all 6 of them are on it.

Several 007 are in the top 100 list, some romance too, art kino, ...

best Star Wars sits on #25, not all are on the list. PotC has 3 or so too

.... 😉

So The Jungle Book 1967 sold most tickets of any movie in history in Germany? Wow..!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

So The Jungle Book 1967 sold most tickets of any movie in history in Germany? Wow..!!

Since 1963, the database for Germany just got 2 years added.

It sold over 27 million admissions. In 2018, a bad year for German's cinemas, the whole year only 105.4 million tickets got sold for all movies together.

1968, 1969, the impact of the now affordable TVs brought the ticket sales down to ~ 180m tickets (Junglebook is insane high), but 1963 it was twice at much

We do have the sums of the tickets sales... per year till 1950, the time the country was after the war in a way a country again. Best years were 1956 and 1957, both had over 800m tickets,  but then the people watched e.g. news in the cinema too and such.

You can see the impact of TV, home video, crisis,... as its so complex.

Insidekino.de (for some in other countries it seems they have to write .com) is run by a former long time cinema owner who gets still a lot of access I think an average cinema-owner gets not.

He adds rather often in a country or... something old too, its rather interesting what he comes up with, like 42 country's actual top 10 or more in the time after ... fill in a huge blockbuster. Like how is said movie positioned today, x years after its release. Or....

Edited by terrestrial

2 hours ago, Justin4125 said:

It seems its rank 4 all in Europe (if not its very close). The whole EG underperforming in Europe is overblown. Sure there are some territories where franchises stand out (like the Tolkien films in Germany), but EG is consistently high across each country in Europe.

In relative terms its performances in the US, LatAm and Asia are more impressive, but it still kicked ass in Europe

Ah ok. Where was it said it was in the top 5 though?