Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

10 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Parasite I am waiting for 2nd week actuals but estimates are ₹1.4cr. 2 Weeks total ₹2.22cr.

3rd Weekend Friday I haven't but Saturday is its biggest day yet at ₹0.7cr. 3rd Weekend will be close to total in 2 Weeks.

Any news about Joker since the 14th? The times wrote about whether it would affect Love Aaj Kal ~

On 2/16/2020 at 4:11 AM, charlie Jatinder said:

Winning an Oscar has boosted Parasite from a likely ₹1.5cr in India to a probable ₹8-10cr.

Gully Boy has sweeped Filmfare, do you think it will earn even a crore if re-released. That there is worth of an award.

Filmfare feels like it used to mean something in the 90s when the telecast was still live and they hadn't started having nonsense categories to award everyone who attended. They have really lost their position and influence since they started pretaping and editing for reactions. That's also when the show length for attendees became crazy apparently, shows go on till 1 at night.

I would say reframe Filmfare similar to the Oscars, telecast it live, have voting members and try to regain credibility over a period of a decade. The IIFA, Stardust, Zee Cine etc. are all there for the other stuff. Try to make Filmfare matter again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Filmfare feels like it used to mean something in the 90s when the telecast was still live and they hadn't started having nonsense categories to award everyone who attended. They have really lost their position and influence since they started pretaping and editing for reactions. That's also when the show length for attendees became crazy apparently, shows go on till 1 at night.

I would say reframe Filmfare similar to the Oscars, telecast it live, have voting members and try to regain credibility over a period of a decade. The IIFA, Stardust, Zee Cine etc. are all there for the other stuff. Try to make Filmfare matter again.

Filmfare won't matter anything anymore.

Bollywood is filled with internal politics and lobbies, there's no way filmfare is going to be untouched by it.

• ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

If SMZS flops that would not be good look for India. The message sent will be bad. 

I hope this movie is good and is hit at box office. Lots of homophobia in ruling government. 

SMZS will be a Hit but it will not be due to any messaging or anything, just comedy.

Messaging-Smessaging is good for reading, filmein sirf 3 cheezon se chalti hai; entertainment, entertainment & entertainment.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

On 2/17/2020 at 10:07 PM, grim22 said:

The average Indian general audience doesn't care about merit and credibility. These award shoes are nothing but glorified 3-4 hours entertainment shows with more emphasis on dance routines and jokes than actual awards. And that's what the audience that watches these shows care about. Those who actually cared about merit and stuff like that realized a long time ago what a sham these award shows are and logged off. Most of those crying and complaining online about Gully Boy are upset because something other than their favourite movie/actor/actress/song/etc got the award.

If Filmfare becomes more Oscar like and awards actual merit and drops all the dance/jokes bloat, then it will also lose viewers and importance amongst the bigwigs in the industry (since it wont be throwing awards at their feet anymore). Sure it will gain prestige but I am sure the organizers value money and eyeballs more than prestige. 

The only thing of value in the show are the critics choice awards. At least they have a modicum of quality around them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2