Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

And here was I yesterday thinking Uri will do 255cr and perhaps this is the best case. Now I am thinking of 260-265 can't be ruled out either.
Here's how I see things are gonna be.
Till 5th Week 219.09
Week 6: 1.2 2.5 3.3 1.25 1.15 1.05 1 : 11.5cr Approx
Week 7: 1 2 2.75 1 0.9 0.8 0.8: 9.25cr Approx
Week 8: 0.9 2 2.5 0.85 0.8 0.7 0.65 : 8.25cr Approx
Week 9: 0.6 1.25 1.5 .55 0.5 0.45 0.4: 5.25cr Approx
Week 10: 0.4 1 1.15 0.4 0.35 0.3 0.3 : 3.9cr Approx

After Week 10 8-10cr.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

11 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

Total Dhamaal doing well will mean more loud comedies. There's no thing as subtlety in them, it's just actors screaming their dialogues from scene 1 to the end. Even Rohit Shetty has moved beyond that with his recent movies.

23 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Total Dhamaal doing well will mean more loud comedies. There's no thing as subtlety in them, it's just actors screaming their dialogues from scene 1 to the end. Even Rohit Shetty has moved beyond that with his recent movies.

Good for me since I love the loud, brazen, tone deaf type of slapstick.

I wish we'll somehow return to the glory days of the 2000's when there were so many good/great comedies like Phir Hera Pheri, Garaam Masala, Dhaamal, Bhagam Bhaag, Hungama, Golmaal, Dhol, Welcome, Masti, Partner, De Dana Dan, Bhool Bhulaiyaa, Kya Kool Hain Hum etc. Those were the days. Bollywood has stopped making good comedies as far as I'm concerned. I did like Kya Super Kool Hain Hum, Grand Masti & Judwaa 2 tho.

Edited by Mad Max

I recently discovered that I'm in love with Bhojpuri movies. I was on a business trip a couple of days ago and I watched a lot of TV as I don't get to watch it at home so I saw 3-4 Bhojpuri movies just to kill some time since the idea seemed amusing at first (Devra Bhail Deewana, Khuni Dangal, Dulara, Jigarwala and two more movies that seemed like Karan Arjun & Singham remakes) but I ended up loving every single one of them.

They were all cliched, predictable, kinda sexist but I just fell in love with them. They hit all the familiar beats & tropes of the 90's hindi blockbusters starring Govinda and it was kinda nostalgic for someone like me who grew up watching those Govinda movies.

• ...wtf 2

1 hour ago, Mad Max said:

I recently discovered that I'm in love with Bhojpuri movies. I was on a business trip a couple of days ago and I watched a lot of TV as I don't get to watch it at home so I saw 3-4 Bhojpuri movies just to kill some time since the idea seemed amusing at first (Devra Bhail Deewana, Khuni Dangal, Dulara, Jigarwala and two more movies that seemed like Karan Arjun & Singham remakes) but I ended up loving every single one of them.

They were all cliched, predictable, kinda sexist but I just fell in love with them. They hit all the familiar beats & tropes of the 90's hindi blockbusters starring Govinda and it was kinda nostalgic for someone like me who grew up watching those Govinda movies.

I recently rewatched some 90s Govinda movies which I loved growing up and was surprised just how out and out sexist and borderline harrassment based they were. The comedy still works, but these won't get made now for sure, it's almost cringey looking back 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

And

Whole bollywood is doing this. You can bet on it. I will be not surprised if we get 2 or more surgical strike movies next year. Army, including raw and others patriotic movies, is slowly becoming a cbm type genre in India. Bharat is next. Akshay is always on it and John Abraham is now on that train too.

6 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Whole bollywood is doing this. You can bet on it. I will be not surprised if we get 2 or more surgical strike movies next year. Army, including raw and others patriotic movies, is slowly becoming a cbm type genre in India. Bharat is next. Akshay is always on it and John Abraham is now on that train too.

Bharat is bit diff tho. Its Ode to My Father remake, ICYMI.