Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

10 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It's been a surprisingly good year for Bollywood so far. Uri, Manikarnika, Gully Boy, Total Dhamaal, Luka Chhupi, Badla are all hits and no major big movies failed apart from Ek Ladki Ko Dekha. One of the best first 3 months I can recall.

Actually since November 2017 it's been great period so far. 

4 minutes ago, Premium George said:

I forgot URI was released this year. I only saw URI and GB, both were decent. Will Indian film industry ever get star independent? In a way it's a good thing, as most young actors now are doing non-masala movies.

Khans are about to retire, once they go down, it will be star independent. New lot ain't that strong.

South India Won't.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

5 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

He should retire. He lost it.

I don't want to watch him try and fail like his last three films. They eye stabbing bad.

Dude is a workaholic. He will go till his death. Will khan trio ever retire? Doesn't seem like it. I am waiting for new season of satyamev jayate.

Since we’re tryinf to grow the thread, here are 3 questions.

1) Endgame over $50m?

2) Lion King over $35m?

3) Any upcoming Indian films that could pass $100m? I believe Bahubali 2** is the only one to do so, correct? 

**It even went over $200m, which is insane. 

4 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

1) Endgame over $50m?

2) Lion King over $35m?

3) Any upcoming Indian films that could pass $100m? I believe Bahubali 2** is the only one to do so, correct? 

1. Highly Possible

2. Possible but not likely. More like $25mn.

3. For crossing $100mn, a film need to be crossover among all regional industries, which Baahubali 2 was. 2.0 missed it. In next 3 years, $100mn may become regular. Films that can do are, Saaho, Brahmastra 2 & 3 if 1st one clicks and RRR.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

1) Endgame over $50m?

2) Lion King over $35m?

Yes.

Possible.

Whenever Aamir khan returns. Rajamauli, director of BB, is also making another movie.

Only thing against EG is exchange rates. TLK can perform like TJB, strong possibility.

$100m is very difficult. Will have to wait few years, but again BB came out of nowhere. That's my non-expert opinion.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Premium George said:

I forgot URI was released this year. I only saw URI and GB, both were decent. Will Indian film industry ever get star independent? In a way it's a good thing, as most young actors now are doing non-masala movies.

It is already start independent to write an extent, Khans were the last of Superstars, now obviously face value factor will be there, but not too the extent it was.

• Like 1

Kesari pre-sales are just ok but that could be due to Holi. Showings from evening only, so opening could be very good after Holi.

I am expecting ₹13-15cr Nett opening day. 

Another film that could grow well, Mard ko Dard Nhi Hota. Opening will be poor anyways.

How to train your dragon 3 advance is poor. May end up lower than 2nd one.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Ami KKR. But lost interest recently

BhhzcGN2_o.gif

I go back and forth between KKR (Shanaya Kapoor) & MI (Sara Tendulkar). But I'm from WB so my heart is always with KKR. I did support RR (big fan of Graeme Smith back in the day) in the very first season of IPL and felt sweet vindication when they lifted the trophy against all odds.

3 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

World Cup and World T20 are the only time I get interested in cricket. IPL is good popcorn entertainment though.

That's also why I enjoy IPL. I am from MP, so no team. It's good entertainment. 

World cups are scary. I am not much in cricket and still get tensed during matches. Lots of ifs and buts in coming days.