Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Stree, AndhaDhun and Badhai Ho all do really well. Thugs of Hindostan coming soon

Last weekend, 'Desi Boyz' opened to INR 530m (over $10m) worldwide.

Posted Image

Edited by Fake

This week's major release is 'The Dirty Picture'.

Posted Image

Edited by Fake

'The Dirty Picture' got a very good start. Despite an Adult-only rating, it grossed INR 127m ($2.5m) on opening day. This is the 5th biggest opening of the year in local currency.

Fantastic Opening Day. Could see a 250m net OW, or 384m gross.It still doesn't make sense to me as to why all Bollywood BO reporters use net figures instead of gross, its just strange and makes comparison between films even more difficult.

Yeah. And the ratio between nett and gross is even more confusing. They vary between 60-75% depending on the source.Hopefully there will soon be a more transparent system of BO reporting in place.

BOI's thrown out a Saturday estimate for The Dirty Picture at 9.5 crores, so assuming 65%, that's INR 146.2m ($2.86m)

Friday - 8.75 croreSaturday - 9.5 croreSunday (projected) - 10.5-11 croreTotal - 29 crore approx.Very good opening.

A crore is 10 million. Its a measure of counting, not currency. When I say 10 crores, I'm sort of being lazy as I should be saying 10 crores rupees, which is 100 million rupees

Edited by spizzer

Yup ;) The Indian numbering system has always confused me, why change from grouping 3 places together to 2 places, despite grouping them as 3 up to 1000

Yup ;) The Indian numbering system has always confused me, why change from grouping 3 places together to 2 places, despite grouping them as 3 up to 1000

It has been that way since 5 thousand years. :)

It has been that way since 5 thousand years. :)

Yup. :)

Dirty Picture looking at 29-30 crores net, which is ridiculous. Roughly $8.8 million weekend.Looking forward to Don 2 now. I think it could go past 70. We could be looking at a $20+ million OW

'The Dirty Picture' is holding very well on weekdays. In 5 days it has grossed 40 crore nett ($12 million). It should cross $20m mark for its lifetime business.

Looking forward to Don 2 now. I think it could go past 70. We could be looking at a $20+ million OW

With a 3-day opening? I really doubt it. It can match Dabangg's opening ($15m) if everything goes well and WOM is good, but that's about it.