Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

1 hour ago, Gavin Feng said:

That's bullshit. They are sating the buyout price as pre sale.

The hindi version pre sale are ₹10cr Gross. While Tamil and Telugu would be ₹15-20cr Gross. Approximately ₹25-30cr as compared to over ₹80cr of Baahubali 2.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gavin Feng said:

Now why I haven't heard a trade report or something by the online pre sales gaint like BookMyShow..

BMS reported Baahubali 2 for breaking pre sales record , going by these figures this , if legit should have shattered the previous record

https://www.koimoi.com/box-office/2-0-box-office-morning-occupancy-extraordinary-in-south-north-competes-with-biggies/

The sci-fi thriller has recorded a very good morning opening of 60-65% across pan India. Down South, the opening is earth-shattering with occupancy of 92-96%. Despite releasing on a normal working day, the opening is very good. As the movie is released on Thursday, it will enjoy a 4-day extended weekend.

Till yesterday, the advance booking trends were not-so-good for the sci-fi thriller excluding southern states, but from the response of morning shows it seems that the 2.0 fever is started growing even in the north region. In the northern belt too, it is ahead of Race 3 (55-60%), Baaghi 2 (45-50%), Sanju (55-60%) and Thugs of Hindostan (40-60%) in terms of morning occupancy.

The movie is released in approximately 6600 to 6800 screens all over the country and it includes 17 IMAX theatres, thus taking over Baahubali 2: The Conclusion, which was released in 6500 screens.

These KOIMOIs Addatodays are not capable of tracking 2.0 bro. They don't have sources for Hindi film let alone South India.

Opening is just ok in North with ₹20-23cr Nett day expected i.e. ₹25-30cr Gross

Telugu version is better with day one heading for ₹20cr Gross.

Tamilnadu has poor opening for such film with day 1 to end up ₹8-12cr short of Sarkar which has record.

Overall India will be ₹80-95cr Day One depending on where night shows go i.e. $11-13mn with about 4mn admissions.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

These KOIMOIs Addatodays are not capable of tracking 2.0 bro. They don't have sources for Hindi film let alone South India.

then who does exactly ?

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Overall India will be ₹80-95cr Day One depending on where night shows go i.e. $11-13mn with about 4mn admissions.

Never bought a close to 100cr OD even with the combined languages.

This should be decent fare if it can match around Baahubali 1 numbers , the sales should pick up over the weekend.

I think we're in for a ling run regarding 2.0's trajectory over this holiday-new year season depending on opening week audience reception.

41 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Disaster opening in South except Andhra Pradesh. Seems like day 1 will wound up at ₹75cr range only.

Comparisons with Bahubaali2 make it worse. That did 510cr nett total in Hindi dubbed alone.

Robot2 could do that in all languages combined if the opening day is "only" 75-80cr.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Reports are good though, so can expect it to hold especially Hindi version. Need to gross ₹600cr atleast in India.

You dont need to forecast/anticipate almost record breaking figure just for it to not meet those and then declare it a disaster the other moment.

I partly agree with it coz if it weren't for the inflated budget and more than wide release this doing around the first Baahubali would count as a huge win

1 hour ago, NamakFiskKa said:

You dont need to forecast/anticipate almost record breaking figure just for it to not meet those and then declare it a disaster the other moment.

I partly agree with it coz if it weren't for the inflated budget and more than wide release this doing around the first Baahubali would count as a huge win

First Baahubali is not a target. The first Robot did 218 in 2010. Allowing for market increase and inflation, that itself is about 450cr Approx. Adding Akshay is a big crossover and TV success of Robot developed it as brand in North giving it a scope to do ₹300cr more.