Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

First Baahubali is not a target. The first Robot did 218 in 2010. Allowing for market increase and inflation, that itself is about 450cr Approx. Adding Akshay is a big crossover and TV success of Robot developed it as brand in North giving it a scope to do ₹300cr more.

I would say that's too liberal considering no Akshay film in last 3 years has crossed 140cr. Rowdy inflated would fall well short of 300cr or even 250cr.

If Robot did 218 in 2010 then after 8 years of inflation, success of movie in TV and presence of Akshay, 600cr would have been a realistic target if not for the absurd costs.

Edited by a2k

4 hours ago, a2k said:

I would say that's too liberal considering no Akshay film in last 3 years has crossed 140cr. Rowdy inflated would fall well short of 300cr or even 250cr.

If Robot did 218 in 2010 then after 8 years of inflation, success of movie in TV and presence of Akshay, 600cr would have been a realistic target if not for the absurd costs.

Its not about Akshay alone. Robot as brand also grew.

I think 90-100cr 4-day Hindi opening is on cards for R2.0 after 26cr opening day (official/semi-official figure)

2x the 4-day should be the first target and achievable looking at the reception for 180-200cr Nett from Hindi

Edited by a2k

24 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

North India is the most impressive! Akshay Kumar will be biggest beneficiary of Robot 2.0 and Hindi version will even achieve a Hit tag giving Kumar his biggest hit unadjusted.

Does 250-260cr all India 4-day look realistic?

73 + 50 (-31%) + 60 (+20%) + 72 (+20%) = 255

40 minutes ago, a2k said:

North India is the most impressive! Akshay Kumar will be biggest beneficiary of Robot 2.0 and Hindi version will even achieve a Hit tag giving Kumar his biggest hit unadjusted.

Does 250-260cr all India 4-day look realistic?

73 + 50 (-31%) + 60 (+20%) + 72 (+20%) = 255

yes that's what i expect

• Thanks 1

2.0 (Hindi) Set To Emerge A HIT

2.0 (Hindi) is looking to emerge a HIT film as the film has been accepted in most of the Hindi markets. Its difficult to put a number on the third day number yet as some places are going up very strongly while other are stable.

But North India which is traditionally weakest with dubbed films is showing super strength on day three with Delhi / UP heading for 6 crore nett and East Punjab going to 2.50 crore nett. This is the third day and these numbers are excellent in these markets for a film of this sort and that is allowing for the presence of Akshay Kumar.

As these markets are so strong for a dubbed Rajnikant starrer it is only a matter of time when the rest of Hindi markets also  play catch up. There is sure to be a healthy jump on day three and the Hindi version is set to be a HIT film at the very least.

https://boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=4479

• Thanks 1

So 200 crore in India, 500 crore in worldwide. Best in 2018?

The first three day NETT collections 2.0 across India are as follows.

Thursday - 64,00,00,000 apprx

Friday - 45,00,00,000 apprx

Saturday - 56,50,00,000 apprx

TOTAL - 1,65,50,00,000 apprx

The film will go past 200 crore nett on Sunday and will basically become the highest grossing film (not adjusted) in the history of Tamil cinema in four days in India and worldwide. The worldwide figures should comfortably cross 300 crore by the end of business on Sunday

15 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

So 200 crore in India, 500 crore in worldwide. Best in 2018?

Inflated numbers. The India gross in weekend was ₹240cr (₹175cr FSS).

Will mostly close at ₹450cr India and $20mn Overseas for ~₹590cr worldwide.

Yeah best so far if you dont consider Secret Superstar. Zero will challenge it, if well made can do ₹800cr globally.

Ohh if you are asking about weekend, its ₹335cr 4 days and ₹250cr FSS.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Inflated numbers. The India gross in weekend was ₹240cr (₹175cr FSS).

Will mostly close at ₹450cr India and $20mn Overseas for ~₹590cr worldwide.

Yeah best so far if you dont consider Secret Superstar. Zero will challenge it, if well made can do ₹800cr globally.

Ohh if you are asking about weekend, its ₹335cr 4 days and ₹250cr FSS.

I highly doubt that. Last 4 SRK movies have under-performed massively (not counting DZ) and 3 of them were flops. I think the movie will do very well but 800cr is a bridge too far for him right now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

I highly doubt that. Last 4 SRK movies have under-performed massively (not counting DZ) and 3 of them were flops. I think the movie will do very well but 800cr is a bridge too far for him right now.

If I'm not wrong, those movies were still doing good in markets outside India?