Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

hey fake, MNIK overseas as per BOI was 21.5m, not 22.5 m. Also, there are some discrepancies in MNIK overseas BOI numbers itself. While BOI has UAE at 2.7 m, Boxofficemojo has UAE at 2.1 m at fag end of its runhttp://boxofficeindia.com/boxnewsdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=2340&nCat=http://boxofficemojo...ynameiskhan.htm

Edited by roy

Yeah. 4 days left now.Another major factor is that Bollywood Box Office has been practically dead recently. No film will make even 1 crore this weekend. So Agneepath has a totally empty field and people are hungry for a movie.

Agneepath Has Chances Of RECORD First Day

Agneepath is set for a huge bumper start with solid advance across India and a huge release in terms of screens.

It is almost certain it will be the second highest opening day ever in the history of Hindi cinema and the question is can it surpass the 20.60 crore nett day one business of Bodyguard.

The chances are there as the opening is set to be universal and just like Bodyguard day one fell on Eid holiday, Agneepath has the big Republic day holiday. If the public reports are good on the day in all circuits it is likely to go very close to the record with chances of beating it.

http://www.boxofficeindia.com/boxnewsdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=3957&nCat=

Bollywood is a joke. The current Agneepath is laughably bad compared to the original with the Great Amitabh. It is bloated, uneven and completely boring. but for one scene where Vijay stabs the bad guy during Ganesha festivities and proclaims his name as Vijay Dinanath Chauhan.I had not watched bollywood movies for 22 years till last year. Having warched third rate gems like Don 2 and Agneepath, I will go back to not watching these pointless and boring movies made by talentless hacks. The lead female was so irritating in Agneepath that I was ecstatic when she died. I was happy to not see her pathetic performance continue for the rest of the movie.

It continues to amaze me how much the Bollywood BO community is fixated on determining the "ranking" of a film, based on BO performance. It's ridiculous

Why is that ridiculous? Just asking. (I mean this is a box office forum, we do nothing else than predicting gross and stuff.)

Why is that ridiculous? Just asking. (I mean this is a box office forum, we do nothing else than predicting gross and stuff.)

I guess because in Bollywood there's really no such thing as an "art house film"That mentality is mind of lacking, the oscars of india (filmfare awards) usually go to the highest grossing films too.

I guess because in Bollywood there's really no such thing as an "art house film"That mentality is mind of lacking, the oscars of india (filmfare awards) usually go to the highest grossing films too.

Don't know. It's obvious the awards are focused on mainstream Bollywood movies, but according to Wikipedia there have always been "dark" or "realistic" or "new wave" flicks as well:http://en.wikipedia....Parallel_Cinema

It is very difficult for movies other than commercial blockbusters to do good business in India. That's why the most talented people in the industry are occupied with making masala flicks... and we don't get many quality films.For quality films, we have Hollywood, don't we? ;)