Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

Top Opening days India

1. Baahubali 2: ₹132.81cr
2. Saaho: ₹86.02cr
3. 2.0: ₹67.79cr
4. Endgame: ₹63.83cr
5. Thugs Of Hindostan: ₹60.32cr
6. War: ₹60cr Approx
7. Sye Raa Narsimha Reddy: ₹55cr Approx
8. PRDP: ₹54.71cr
9. Happy New Year: ₹50.77cr
10. Sultan: ₹50.14cr

Syeraa actuals I will get by tomorrow but very accurate number by tonight. War actuals by some days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are 6 major action sets in #War, all 6 goes down for poor & overuse of CGI.
1st looks like playstation fight scene while 2nd is way OTT.
3rd, plane sequence. When you see Tom Cruise do that in M:I films, you are in that scene, because either its done practically & CG is 👌🏻. Here the CG was extremely poor and practical affect were almost zero. So you lose interest and just wait for it to end and move forward.

4th is, I believe chase scene, which is cringe af with obvious fake looking CGI. In Dhoom 3 chase scene looks really good because majority of takes were taken practically with only close-ups having CGI used. Here you can see bikes dragging on road with ropes.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

19 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

There are 6 major action sets in #War, all 6 goes down for poor & overuse of CGI.
3rd, plane sequence. When you see Tom Cruise do that in M:I films, you are in that scene, because either its done practically & CG is 👌🏻. Here the CG was extremely poor and practical affect were almost zero. So you lose interest and just wait for it to end and move forward.

4th is, I believe chase scene, which is cringe af with obvious fake looking CGI. In Dhoom 3 chase scene looks really good because majority of takes were taken practically with only close-ups having CGI used. Here you can see bikes dragging on road with ropes.

Be honest in a film with two great personalities, makes better sense to use more practical effects. 

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

must have picked red chillies vfx.

Anyway how is it compared to Dhoom 2 ?

• Haha 1

Hmm...i am hearing 66+ crore net all India for SyeRa...

Fuck Indian boxoffice.

Unless comscore is tracking numbers, there is no point to follow boxoffice in India. I believe comscore is tracking war in India as yrf has given permission to do so and post the numbers..i dont know. Idiotic boxoffice.

Edited by marveldcfox

War did good business on day two as it collected 22-23 crore nett which will be a drop in the 55-60% range. This is the normal drop seen for a mass film after a national holiday. The only precedent for this type of film with a Wednesday holiday release is Ek Tha Tiger in 2012 which went from 31 crore nett to 14 crore nett. That drop was 55% but at lower levels from War. Other releases on a national holiday like Bharat and Thugs Of Hindostan still had holidays on the second day.

This will take the business of the film to around 74 crore nett in two days which is excellent and the weekend is to come. There could be another minor drop on Friday before the film gets the higher collections on Saturday and Sunday. 

https://boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=5490

All languages could push the number to ~24

Shouldn't miss 145 5-day at any cost IMO.

= 148.25 5-day

Would keep 250-300 total feasible.

• Astonished 1

4 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Fuck Indian boxoffice.

Unless comscore is tracking numbers, there is no point to follow boxoffice in India. I believe comscore is tracking war in India as yrf has given permission to do so and post the numbers..i dont know. Idiotic boxoffice.

Oh yeah don't even get me started in India BO lol. comScore doesn't yet collect much in India(even after being there for years)  limited on theatres they get  and they are now starting to get War, their tracking figures(different from distributor/studio reported) are nowhere near what the films end up taking for the day(bigger footprint with  Hollywood films vs Indian), but they are getting something. Numero I believe has India on the cards but not setup there yet they would probably do a better job(leave cs for dead in China)

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RthTIFF said:

Oh yeah don't even get me started in India BO lol. comScore doesn't yet collect much in India(even after being there for years)  limited on theatres they get  and they are now starting to get War, their tracking figures(different from distributor/studio reported) are nowhere near what the films end up taking for the day(bigger footprint with  Hollywood films vs Indian), but they are getting something. Numero I believe has India on the cards but not setup there yet they would probably do a better job(leave cs for dead in China)

And they will never succeed in India. There are only 2500 screens in India that have ticket sales electronically and comScore is getting data from majority of these. Bollywood films are around 30-60% in the tracked centres but problem is with South India. The business is dominated by single screens and the business is model is such that gross numbers are of little value.

However, in India independent trackers have established their system well enough to use the sources they have to give data almost close to actuals. We have day wise numbers, in fact city/state wise numbers readily available if you know where to get if you know where to get.

7 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Fuck Indian boxoffice.

comScore has no system outside 2k Plex screens, so they can't possibly track War. All they can do is cross verify DCRs with available data and believe what YRF give for rest.

Regarding Syeraa, I don't know where you saw ₹66cr figures. The problem with Telugu film is that, they don't report gross or nett. They report Share. The nett & gross are estimated from Share.

In this share, there are additional hires and MG included, which are for smaller centres. Basically what happen that, these smaller centres, won't be reporting to distrubutor daily. They will just give money to distrubutor for running a film i.e. called Hire, if at end of run there is some overflow they will share it.

Syeraa had ₹25cr Share & ₹10cr Hires Approx yesterday. What Andhraboxoffice or BOI do is simply take ₹35cr and using the share to gross/nett ratio to give estimated gross.

Now that's not fair. The ₹25cr Share that film earned is for that day but ₹10cr is for entire run. Film will be earning around ₹3cr on opening day in these hired centres.

What my numbers are using this ₹28cr as base & estimating the gross on it with available data. Some areas you know actual gross, some you need to estimate. At end of day, my ₹39.25cr gross is +/-5% of what actually film grossed.

While by BOI method is ₹53cr Approx, which will be 35% more than actual. 

What happen from day 2 is that, the theatre which were on hire won't be reporting anything. Say the non-hire centre earn ₹10cr share, the hired one will be earning around ₹1cr. I will be using that ₹11cr as base while BOI will be using ₹10cr. This time, I will be again in +/-5% of actual, while BOI will be 10% less until they start getting ridiculous low numbers as share may even get negative for some day but there will still be some gross.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1