Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

3 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

It's pandering to religion and religious folks. It is set in, and has many elements of, religious mythology, enough to make it a quasi religious movie but not an actual religious movie. 

Despite that I dont think this does anywhere as well as the big south movies, even if it is well received. 

Yeah when I watched Bahubali it felt like a combination of Ramayan, Mahabharat and Halmet 

I think religious or mythlogical elements can augment a film if it is cool and interesting for sure. 

14 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

It's pandering to religion and religious folks. It is set in, and has many elements of, religious mythology, enough to make it a quasi religious movie but not an actual religious movie. 

Lol this is not more or less "religious" than Baahubali , both have same spirit and borrows stuff from old sacred text.

Its just that most Indian fantasy films use hindu Gods as and all be all ex machina type force with bit melodrama.

5 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Lol this is not more or less "religious" than Baahubali , both have same spirit and borrows stuff from old sacred text.

Its just that most Indian fantasy films use hindu Gods as and all be all ex machina type force with bit melodrama.

Cannot remember about Bahubali (also not sure why you brought that up since I never mentioned it) but this movie is absolutely trying to use the religion stick to appeal to the masses. Main characters name is Shiva, which would be OK given that many people are named that, if it were not for the fact that the namesake god literally appears behind him as a shadow. The title of the movie refers to a weapon from religious scriptures. The main character is literally holding a stereotypical religious weapon in the poster. There are, what I assume to be, religious chants within the teaser trailer. If that is not pandering to religion to try and entice such people then I dont know what is. 

I also do not need to mention how given the current (past few years) atmosphere in the country, studios and people would be enticed to make movies pandering to politics, the nationalists and the majority. We have already seen this with the rise in nationalistic movies like Kashmir Files, all the military movies, pseudo-historic movies like Padmavat and Prithviraj. 

Also I never said this is a religious movie. I said it is pandering to the religion inclined. There is a difference between that which you missed. 

5 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Its like calling Top Gun 2 pandering to the American military Industrial complex and writing it off as mostly some conservative mega event 

Please come up with better rhetoric because your false equivalency does not work. 

Havent seen TGM yet but the first one is absolutely like a love letter to the Navy. Boosted recruitment also. Many mid US cities were in top theatres/cities list for TGM’s OW which usually does not happen and it has brought people to the theatres who would not come out as much (like old and rural/ middle americans who are mostly conservatives). The conservative idiots are also trying to subsume the movie into their culture war bullshit. 

3 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Havent seen TGM yet but the first one is absolutely like a love letter to the Navy. Boosted recruitment also. Many mid US cities were in top theatres/cities list for TGM’s OW which usually does not happen and it has brought people to the theatres who would not come out as much (like old and rural/ middle americans who are mostly conservatives). The conservative idiots are also trying to subsume the movie into their culture war bullshit. 

Same happened with TKF in India.

People who normally wouldn't put a step in theaters came to movie in droves, it was showing out of this earth trending from weekend to 2 weeks.

18 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Please come up with better rhetoric because your false equivalency does not work. 

Then maybe get off reddit if you are so triggered/confrontational about it...

Its literally hindu mythology for starters , it will deal stuff like this.

Might as well high jack every Indian fantasy story that remotely deals with god like figures(80% fantasy movies here coz they arent creative enough outside ghosts and gods) and go on that tangent at this point.

Edited by NamakFiskKa

So far three anime films got released here. I think releasing Japanese Film in India is as difficult as releasing a film in China. I think it's not because of certification but limited fan-base. As I see Weathering With You, Demon Slayer Mugen Train and Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0 got released due to petition. 

However, I am more interested in knowing their box office number. (Even more attendees numbers)

2022 Anime in India 

25 Feb - Sword Art Online Progressive: Aria of a Starless Night

30 Jun - Jujutsu Kaisen 0

26 Aug - Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero

I think Dragon Ball should be easily be a clean hit in India 

On 6/17/2022 at 8:21 PM, THUNDER BIRD said:

Same happened with TKF in India.

People who normally wouldn't put a step in theaters came to movie in droves, it was showing out of this earth trending from weekend to 2 weeks.

Yup true. Unfortunately we will see more such divisive movies in the future when filmmakers see the success of TKF. We have already seen an increase in military movies as well as history based movies which completely distorts history and presents fake version which are more palatable to the religious nationalists in the last 8 years or so. 

11 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Then maybe get off reddit if you are so triggered/confrontational about it...

Its literally hindu mythology for starters , it will deal stuff like this.

Might as well high jack every Indian fantasy story that remotely deals with god like figures(80% fantasy movies here coz they arent creative enough outside ghosts and gods) and go on that tangent at this point.

I do not post on reddit so I am not sure what you are on about. You also brought in TGM and now reddit which have nothing to do with the topic and are accusing me of going on tangents :P

I understand that themes and symbols from Hindu mythology have been used in movies since the beginning. But it is also clear that there is a deliberate attempt to pander to our religious majority with the overt use of religious themes and symbols.

It will make sense if you think about it in the context of the political and religious atmosphere of the country over the past 8 years as well as the constant bashing that Bollywood has gotten by right wing people

But we probably won't agree on this and we are going in circles so I'm gonna drop it here. 

24 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Yup true. Unfortunately we will see more such divisive movies in the future when filmmakers see the success of TKF. We have already seen an increase in military movies as well as history based movies which completely distorts history and presents fake version which are more palatable to the religious nationalists in the last 8 years or so. 

And our Number 1 star Akki Kumar delivered a Disaster while doing a religious and historical movie pandered towards majority.

As a Hindu who belongs to family of very religious people, I am certain Brahmastra - will not be able to pander to any Religious Hindu. There are things in it, which may rather incite very religious peeps instead.

Edited by Shanks

Jurassic World: Dominion - ₹78cr ($10M) approx in 2 weeks. Full run ₹90cr ($11.5M) approx. Universal numbers around ₹82.5cr 🤮

Top Gun: Maverick - ₹40cr ($5.1M) in 4 weeks. Full run ₹45cr ($5.8M) approx.

Doctor Strange 2 - ₹165.5cr ($21.5M). Disney numbers are ₹158cr ($20.4M) :worthy:

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 3:17 PM, charlie Jatinder said:

Jurassic World: Dominion - ₹78cr ($10M) approx in 2 weeks. Full run ₹90cr ($11.5M) approx. Universal numbers around ₹82.5cr 🤮

Top Gun: Maverick - ₹40cr ($5.1M) in 4 weeks. Full run ₹45cr ($5.8M) approx.

Doctor Strange 2 - ₹165.5cr ($21.5M). Disney numbers are ₹158cr ($20.4M) :worthy:

Gonna do more than Prithviraj? 

JJK0 OD - ₹1.5Cr (~$190K) / 50K admits [165 locs/200 screens]

Already the Highest Grossing Anime/Japanese Film in India, defeating Shinkai's "Weathering With You" (₹1.2Cr)

Edited by Issac Newton
Correct locs + added screens
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 11:11 PM, Issac Newton said:

JJK0 OD - ₹1.5Cr (~$190K) / 50K admits [165 locs/200 screens]

Already the Highest Grossing Anime/Japanese Film in India, defeating Shinkai's "Weathering With You" (₹1.2Cr)

est. ₹4.5Cr-₹5.0Cr | 4-days Opening Week