mahnamahna

BoxOffice.com Presents... 1000 Movies to See Before You Die

Ehhh... I think this list is a bit too tilted toward the "snob" side, no offense to these members :P

yep I agree especially ric lol

Yea, I know it will be tilted towards the older films - I figured we could just veto the movies that we feel strongly about being included from the past decade.  I don't know about you guys, but I haven't watched hardly any of the older movies (pre 1970) to be included on the committee.

yep I agree especially ric lol

Hey I take offence. :P (Someone has to stand up for the 40 million oscar viewers) 

Okay, i nominate Baumer for the other spot then if he has the time.

Baumer's definitely a great addition. 

I think a good list would be: 

Tele

Me (Can I say that?)

Numbers

Baumer

ACSC

MGS

Jack or Jake 

That's balanced ish. I think. 2-3 on the arthouse side and 4-5 on the populous side. 

Edited by riczhang

I don't know if all of these have been added:

Notorious (1946)

Touch of Evil (1958)

Rosemary's Baby (1968)

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969)

Papillion (1973)

The Deer Hunter (1978)

Monty Python's Life of Brian (1979)

The Player (1992)

Groundhog Day (1993)

Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels (1998)

Snatch (2000)

Donnie Darko (2001)

Mystic River (2003)

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (2007)

District 9 (2009)

• Like 1

I said 1955 but if you can provide sufficient reasoning (3 to 7 sentences) , films from between 1946-1955 can be cut by popular demand but anything from 1945 and earlier is off limits as are anything on the AFI Top 100 Movies list 

So films like Sunrise, Casablanca, Metropolis, Triumph Of The Will, The Jazz Singer, Frankenstein, Dracula, Shanghai Express, King Kong, It Happened One Night, Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs, Gone With The Wind, Pinocchio, Sergeant York, Bambi, The Gold Rush, The Lost World, Wings, The Unknown, Hell's Angels, Cimarron, City Lights, The Public Enemy, M, Top Hat, Modern Times, Mr. Smith Goes To Washington, The Wizard Of Oz or The Great Dictator won't get included on the list because "anything from 1945 and earlier is off limits as are anything on the AFI Top 100 Movies list?"

....................../´¯/) 

....................,/¯../ 

.................../..../ 

............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ 

........../'/.../..../......./¨¯ 

........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...') 

..........................'...../ 

..........''............. _.·´ 

..........................( 

So films like Sunrise, Casablanca, Metropolis, Triumph Of The Will, The Jazz Singer, Frankenstein, Dracula, Shanghai Express, King Kong, It Happened One Night, Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs, Gone With The Wind, Pinocchio, Sergeant York, Bambi, The Gold Rush, The Lost World, Wings, The Unknown, Hell's Angels, Cimarron, City Lights, The Public Enemy, M, Top Hat, Modern Times, Mr. Smith Goes To Washington, The Wizard Of Oz or The Great Dictator won't get included on the list because "anything from 1945 and earlier is off limits as are anything on the AFI Top 100 Movies list?"

....................../´¯/) 

....................,/¯../ 

.................../..../ 

............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ 

........../'/.../..../......./¨¯ 

........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...') 

..........................'...../ 

..........''............. _.·´ 

..........................( 

No, he said that those films can't be cut from the list.

• Like 2

So films like Sunrise, Casablanca, Metropolis, Triumph Of The Will, The Jazz Singer, Frankenstein, Dracula, Shanghai Express, King Kong, It Happened One Night, Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs, Gone With The Wind, Pinocchio, Sergeant York, Bambi, The Gold Rush, The Lost World, Wings, The Unknown, Hell's Angels, Cimarron, City Lights, The Public Enemy, M, Top Hat, Modern Times, Mr. Smith Goes To Washington, The Wizard Of Oz or The Great Dictator won't get included on the list because "anything from 1945 and earlier is off limits as are anything on the AFI Top 100 Movies list?"....................../´¯/) ....................,/¯../ .................../..../ ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯ ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...') ..........................'...../ ..........''............. _.·´ ..........................( ..............................

Biggest fail ever...May I recommend you use context before flipping people off over the Internet? :D Edited by mahnamahna

I didn't know Films was a twelve year old girl!

IM NOT A 12 YEAR OLD GIRL. IM NOT TWELVE OR A GIRL. KEEP YOUR STUPID OPINIONS TO YOURSELF. JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE ENJOYS A FILM, DOSENT MEAN THAT THERE THE SAME AGE OR GENDER AS THE TARGET AUDIENCE. PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF THE TARGET AUDIENCE CAN ENJOY THOSE FILMS ASWELL.

IM NOT A 12 YEAR OLD GIRL. IM NOT TWELVE OR A GIRL. KEEP YOUR STUPID OPINIONS TO YOURSELF. JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE ENJOYS A FILM, DOSENT MEAN THAT THERE THE SAME AGE OR GENDER AS THE TARGET AUDIENCE. PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF THE TARGET AUDIENCE CAN ENJOY THOSE FILMS ASWELL.

Calm your tits, broseph. Let me talk to you. You do have to understand that people may find it.. interesting that you'd consider a week old movie with bad reviews one of the 1000 most important movies ever made.