mahnamahna

BoxOffice.com Presents... 1000 Movies to See Before You Die

well your just a snob :)

I think even casual moviegoers know Grown Ups 2 and the Squeakquel aren't high quality :) I agree only because there's 75 films listed from the last THREE years. I would say 35-45 is a good range to cut this down to. Personally, I think almost everything from 1995 and earlier ought to be on the final list - I have no complaints at all. But voting will take care of the more questionable (Happy Feet 2, etc) nominees

I know I mention it from time to time, but everyone here should watch the documentary VISIONS OF LIGHT (if they haven't already). It's simply fantastic, and a great gateway into exploring a lot of older films you might not have discovered otherwise. It's just great cinematographers talking about their work, and who inspired them, and roughly covers the broad strokes of cinematographer from the beginning of cinema to the 1990s.

Here's Siskel & Ebert reviewing it:

And here's a clip from the movie:

• Like 1

Personally, I think almost everything from 1995 and earlier ought to be on the final list - I have no complaints at all. But voting will take care of the more questionable (Happy Feet 2, etc) nominees

pretty much everything but Aladdin, I think that might be one of the only straight to vhs films on here, it's a pretty annoying and clearly does not fit within 1001 Must See's. I would tell my kids to skip this one, everyone else above the age of 8 knows this movie is stupid just like the little mermaid the only thing holding these movies together is music and if you don't dig those you don't like the movies.

pretty much everything but Aladdin, I think that might be one of the only straight to vhs films on here, it's a pretty annoying and clearly does not fit within 1001 Must See's. I would tell my kids to skip this one, everyone else above the age of 8 knows this movie is stupid just like the little mermaid the only thing holding these movies together is music and if you don't dig those you don't like the movies.

Aladdin and The Little Mermaid were part of the Disney Renaissance so I think they deserve more credit - Aladdin has the effects, Robin Williams, and a fairy tale told from the guys perspective for once while Little Mermaid has a great villain and Sebastian. These are the kinds of bubble gum films that should be on here as opposed to say... Ice Age 3 :D

A quick skim of the list and these are the movies from >2005 that really ought to go IMO

Pacific Rim (2013)Now You See Me (2013)Monsters University (2013)Man of Steel (2013)Iron Man 3 (2013)Grown Ups 2 (2013)After Earth (2013)Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted (2012)Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012)The Hunger Games (2012)Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (2012)Super 8 (2011)Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)Happy Feet Two (2011)Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)Space Chimps 2 (2010?)Shrek Forever After (2010)Nanny McPhee Returns (2010)Alice in Wonderland (2010)Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009)Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (2009)Alvin and the Chipmunks - The Squeakuel (2009)Space Chimps (2008)Mamma Mia (2008)Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa (2008)Live Free or Die Hard (2007)Alvin and the Chipmunks (2007)Night at the Museum (2006)Click (2006)Charlotte's Web (2006)Barnyard - The Original Party Animals (2006)War of the Worlds (2005)King Kong (2005)Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005) 

• Like 4

A quick skim of the list and these are the movies from >2005 that really ought to go IMOPacific Rim (2013)Now You See Me (2013)Monsters University (2013)Man of Steel (2013)Iron Man 3 (2013)Grown Ups 2 (2013)After Earth (2013)Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted (2012)Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012)The Hunger Games (2012)Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (2012)Super 8 (2011)Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)Happy Feet Two (2011)Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)Space Chimps 2 (2010?)Shrek Forever After (2010)Nanny McPhee Returns (2010)Alice in Wonderland (2010)Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009)Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (2009)Alvin and the Chipmunks - The Squeakuel (2009)Space Chimps (2008)Mamma Mia (2008)Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa (2008)Live Free or Die Hard (2007)Alvin and the Chipmunks (2007)Night at the Museum (2006)Click (2006)Charlotte's Web (2006)Barnyard - The Original Party Animals (2006)War of the Worlds (2005)King Kong (2005)Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)

Agree with all except:Super 8It and DH Part 2 are really the best popcorn films from that year. Rise of the Planet of the Apes is a prequel so I understand why not keep it. But we still got to get to 1250 :)