mahnamahna

BoxOffice.com Presents... 1000 Movies to See Before You Die

The Virgin Suicides is pretty bad and I don't see why it is on the list.  What criteria does it fit?

Are you kidding me? this movie is amazingly entertaining for it's subject matter. it's an emotionally driven story that deals with the difficulties of growing up and how strict, confided and religious environments can lead to further confusion and in the end dealing with you're problems in a psychotically delusional manor. you not liking this film certainly say enough about yourself. 

Are you kidding me? this movie is amazingly entertaining for it's subject matter. it's an emotionally driven story that deals with the difficulties of growing up and how strict, confided and religious environments can lead to further confusion and in the end dealing with you're problems in a psychotically delusional manor. you not liking this film certainly say enough about yourself. 

All he said was that he doesn't see why it's on the list - I also agree with him: but like him, I wouldn't mind it staying on the list either. There's other fish to fry on this list  :)

Edited by mahnamahna

another thing you shouldn't be able to vote of a film that you havean't seen

I'm voting it off because it's not influential enough or entertaining enough - which films has it impacted? what's its entertainment value? how has it changed cinema as we know it? 

Those are the questions we should ask 

I'm voting it off because it's not influential enough or entertaining enough - which films has it impacted? what's its entertainment value? how has it changed cinema as we know it? 

Those are the questions we should ask 

you haven't even seen it, you should have to see the movie to vote off, just saying.

Edited by ThatMovieGuy
  • Like 1

People will obviously have different criteria for a film being on a list like this.

For me a film should make this list for one of two reasons.

1) It is a really good example of its genre.

2) It is an important film in the context of film history.

So for example, even though I don't find Avatar to be a particularly brilliant film, I do feel it should be included because it did usher in a new era of 3D films.

Battlefield Earth on the other hand does not meet either of my criteria and thus should not be on here.

Life of pi- without the visual effects, this movie is a boring piece of crap that just made me want to go to sleep.Hugo- another very boring filmHow to train your dragon- ok film but not enough to be on top 1000 must see films before you dieHas anyone actually seen space chimps for it to be automatically voted off (im fine with Alvin films being voted off as I knew that would happen)

Life of pi- without the visual effects, this movie is a boring piece of crap that just made me want to go to sleep.Hugo- another very boring filmHow to train your dragon- ok film but not enough to be on top 1000 must see films before you dieHas anyone actually seen space chimps for it to be automatically voted off (im fine with Alvin films being voted off as I knew that would happen)

You honestly believe Space Chimps 2 is one of the 1000 most essential movies ever made?

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 1

You honestly believe Space Chimps 2 is one of the 1000 most essential movies ever made?

Not the 2nd one. Most people didn't see it and it went straight to dvd in most countries [but not uk] but I think the first one is a case of a film that's fantastic that no one saw which is why it should be seen