mahnamahna

BoxOffice.com Presents... 1000 Movies to See Before You Die

Eliminating films based on 2/7 votes makes no sense. You have to do this in a more ordered fashion because if 5/7 people don't vote for a film, that film should stay on. We're also moving too fast through the chunks of films.

What needs to be done is this: Every member has to nominate up to a certain number of films, with no repetition so if Tele nominates Winnie Pooh, it gets put on the list and there is no need for another person to mention it.

Then, every (and I mean every) member of the committee has to vote Yes or No to voting each film on the nomination list off the final list. If a film gets at least 4 yes votes, it is off for good. Otherwise it stays on. This process repeats until every film in the first 100 selected is accounted for. Also there should be time for committee members to make a case for why a certain film should be voted off or should stay.

So, summing up, the entire committee process needs to be reworked and reorganized to function properly. We're working together now so you can't go make administrative decisions like this unilaterally. Also, to ensure people regularly see progress, we should have a PM conversation including all 7 committee members to handle the voting  and discussion rather than airing all the laundry here in public.

Well it's not my fault that none of the committee members are participating or posting... only 4 to 5 out of 7 are voting 

Well so far we've eliminated:

1. The Blob (1958)

2. Batman (1966)

3. On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)

4. Duel (1971)

5. The Duelists (1977) 

6. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1977)  :(

Oh god, people are just asking for it. 

Anyways: 

[*]Elephant Man (I know, but I hated the movie. I don't see why people see anything in it)

[*]Winny the Pooh

[*]The Ruling Class

[*]Duel

You may not be, but the other members who did might.

Two of the guys on the committee haven't voted at all so it's essentially five people doing the decision making. I do care but when I have school, practice, and all of that stuff, I can't sit here and poke everyone to get them to vote each time I post a list 

Another problem is that many of the committee members may not had seen a particular film. So a popular well known film may be voted off simply because more people have seen it, and a rare film that no-one on the comitte has seen gets a pass because they don't want to vote off a film they haven't seen!

• Like 1