Shawn Robbins

WEEKEND ACTUALS: WTM (17.96m), Elysium (13.69m), Planes (13.39m), KA2 (13.33m), Percy (8.75m)

Based on opinions I've read/hear, people seemed to have more of an issue with annoying and uninteresting characters than the action scenes albeit being described as silly isn't very good. One of my biggest pet peeves in today's blockbusters is the prevalence of bland and interesting actors playing bland and uninteresting characters.

Are you talking about PR? The biggest problems with that movie from people I know who have seen it is the actings (aside from Idris Elba), something that I agree with.
  • Like 1

Based on opinions I've read/hear, people seemed to have more of an issue with annoying and uninteresting characters than the action scenes albeit being described as silly isn't very good. 

One of my biggest pet peeves in today's blockbusters is the prevalence of bland and interesting actors playing bland and uninteresting characters. 

I am just looking at the whole thing from mainstream pov. TRANSFORMERS movies have interesting characters? Don't think it makes a diff because audience is eating that frenzied editing of visual candy. So many expensive blockbuster nowadays have bland, cardboard-cutout characters. OS audience don't care so much....

Although Charlie Hunnam is miles better than this guy :

Posted Image

Edited by zackzack

Based on opinions I've read/hear, people seemed to have more of an issue with annoying and uninteresting characters than the action scenes albeit being described as silly isn't very good. 

One of my biggest pet peeves in today's blockbusters is the prevalence of bland and uninteresting actors playing bland and uninteresting characters. 

Pacific Rim has some of the most interesting characters I’ve ever seen for a blockbuster. I could watch a movie starring Hannibal Chau, Stacker Pentacost, Newton Geiszler and Gottlieb, etc.

I don’t care what anyone thinks, screw em. Pacific Rim was nearly flawless.

• Like 5

Pacific Rim has some of the most interesting characters I’ve ever seen for a blockbuster. I could watch a movie starring Hannibal Chau, Stacker Pentacost, Newton Geiszler and Gottlieb, etc.

Marshal Pentacost was the boss while I loled really hard when Hannibal Chau became chow for the infant Kaiju.  :rofl:

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

Marshal Pentacost was the boss while I loled really hard when Hannibal Chau became chow for the infant Kaiju.  :rofl:

Where's my boot?

My entire theater lol'd at the mid-credits scene. Priceless!

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

Indeed. Everyone in it was pretty darn good. But unfortunately the most important piece (Hunnam) was absolutely awful. One of the most wooden performances I've seen in a long time. 

By my third viewing of Pacific Rim it became a movie I unabashedly, wholeheartedly enjoyed for what it was. It's no perfect movie but at that point it didn't matter to me anymore. I loved what I got. 

• Like 3

Indeed. Everyone in it was pretty darn good. But unfortunately the most important piece (Hunnam) was absolutely awful. One of the most wooden performances I've seen in a long time. 

I thought he was fine, it was the supporting characters and the action that made the film for me.

:o  Woah, holy cow batman. Butler is doing really well. How was the response to the fillm after? Good WOM could mean some really great legs.

It seemed good, but not great, It would have good legs but not amazing Help like ones. The movie is one of those thats tries to hide the fact its a poorly directed film because the story its self is so great and inspiring.

PR had pretty great & memorable characters (unlike Tf or Battleship)tho Mako (young & older) >>>>>>everyoneelse for me :ph34r:  :wub:Thanks for the review Baumer

James Marsden:  Terrific as JFK

yayyyy im happy he did so well :wub:Summer is gonesothe articlehttp://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/good-summer-bad-summer-who-were-the-victors-the-victims-of-the-blockbuster-box-office-this-year-20130812 Edited by Leyla

Oprah Helps #1 ‘The Butler’ Serve Up $24.3M Weekend, ‘Kick Ass 2′ Falls, ‘Jobs’ Biopic Disappoints, ‘Paranoia’ BombsBy NIKKI FINKE, Editor in Chief | Sunday August 18, 2013 @ 1:05am PDTTags: Box Office, Kick-Ass 2, Lee Daniels' The Butler, Oprah Winfrey, Paranoia, Steve Jobs movie  SUNDAY 1 AM, 4TH UPDATE: Here’s the Top Ten based on weekend estimates. Full analysis coming:1. Lee Daniels’ The Butler (Weinstein) NEW [Runs 2,933] PG13Friday $8.3M, Saturday $9.1M, Weekend $24.3M2. We’re The Millers (New Line/Warner Bros) Week 2 [Runs 3,325] RFriday $5.8M, Saturday $7.1M, Weekend $17.7M (-33%), Cume $69.4M3. Kick Ass 2 (Universal) NEW [Runs 2,940] RFriday $5.4M, Saturday $4.2M, Weekend $14.0M4. Elysium (Sony) Week 2 [Runs 3,284] RFriday $3.9M, Saturday $5.5M, Weekend $13.5M (-55%), Cume $55.8M5. Planes (Disney) Week 2 [Runs 3,716] PGFriday $3.6M, Saturday $5.7M, Weekend $13.4M (-40%), Cume $45.3M6. Percy Jackson: Sea Of Monsters (Fox) Week 2 [Runs 3,080] PGFriday $2.5M, Saturday $3.3M, Weekend $8.2M (-43%), Cume $38.7M7. Jobs (Open Road) NEW [Runs 2,381] PG13Friday $2.6M, Saturday $2.4M, Weekend $6.5M8. 2 Guns (Universal) Week 3 [Runs 2,471] RFriday $1.7M, Saturday $2.4M, Weekend $5.7M, Cume $59.3M9. The Smurfs 2 (Sony Animation) Week 3 [Runs 2,349] PGFriday $1.3M, Saturday $2.2M, Weekend $5.0M, Cume $57.3M10. The Wolverine (Fox) Week 4 [Runs 2,058] RFriday $1.2M, Saturday $1.9M, Weekend $4.5M, Cume $120.5M12. Paranoia (IM Global/Reliance/Relativity) NEW [Runs 2,459] PG13Friday $1.3M, Saturday $1.4M, Weekend $3.6M