Spidey Freak

Scoob! | May 15 2020 | Zac Efron, Amanda Seyfried, Gina Rodriguez and Will Forte are Mystery Inc.

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

I mean similar trailer release date and movie release date.

Scoob likely costs less than Detective Pikachu, it's being animated by Reel FX so it's probably on the budget scale as  Smallfoot or Storks which cost $70-80m.

We Liked this trailer and we thought this trailer was super funny. We hope this one they can do it right after the live action disaster's of 2000s! Here' our reaction and review to this trailer! Hope ya like it! :)

2 minutes ago, Galactic Specter said:

Will this be the movie that saves Warner Animation Group? 

Probably not but it looks cute.

WAG has two movies next year, the other is Tom and Jerry which is their first hybrid film, 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

WAG has two movies next year, the other is Tom and Jerry which is their first hybrid film.

Isn't it about four decades too late? Well, better late than never I guess.

From someone who was a fan of the show since he was 2 years old, I think this looks great!

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

Isn't it about four decades too late? Well, better late than never I guess.

Well there are Cats, Jumanji and Star Wars films coming out next month 😂

OMG THIS LOOKS SO SO SO GOOD! Damn the nostalgia. My most anticipated movie next year!

• Like 1

I don't know you guys but I liked the trailer and yes I made the decision from now that I'm going to watch this in the cinema. 😀

Nostalgia is clearly a factor and probably I probably won't be able to resist.

Also something to note. The trailer seems to be doing good numbers. It's up to 3,4M views and 449k likes already.

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

I don't know you guys but I liked the trailer and yes I made the decision from now that I'm going to watch this in the cinema. 😀

Nostalgia is clearly a factor and probably I probably won't be able to resist.

Also something to note. The trailer seems to be doing good numbers. It's up to 3,4M views and 449k likes already.

It's only been up 7 hours as well. 

2002 Scooby did 153 dom  +123 os (unadjsuted) on 84 prod budget

2004 one did 84 + 97 on unknown prod budget (the-numbers says 25 but that doesn't make sense imo. 125 does and could be a typo. if it did those numbers on 25 budget we would have had a sequel or two irrespective of reception)

Now 2020 one can expect 150 for the animated version? close to 2002 live-action's unadjusted dom and close to pika this year.

2002 Scooby is also a good benchmark for live-action tom n jerry.

Would be great for WAG to have 2 150+ films next year.

10 minutes ago, a2k said:

2002 Scooby is also a good benchmark for live-action tom n jerry.

Wait...Tom and Jerry is live action not animated? Lion King kind live action?

3 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Wait...Tom and Jerry is live action not animated? Lion King kind live action?

alvin and chipmunks like i think. cg tom and jerry in the real world.

25 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Oh no this could be terrible!

The new film sees Tom the cat and Jerry the mouse getting kicked out of their home and relocating to a fancy New York hotel, where a scrappy employee named Kayla (Moretz) will lose her job if she can't evict Jerry before a high-class wedding at the hotel. Her solution? Hiring piano-playing Tom to get rid of the pesky mouse.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-slates-tom-jerry-live-action-movie-dec-2020-holiday-release-1250082

i thought the first alvin was an ok film worth a watch and hope this one is better. the plot may not evoke a lot of smarts but story-lines that seem absurd on paper may end up being endearing on film.

• Astonished 1

Saw the trailer two hours ago. The animation is electric and the final jokes are home runs. I could do without Scooby-Doo actually talking throughout the entirety of the film. Though, I'm probably in a minority by saying Will Forte sounds fine to me.

38 minutes ago, a2k said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-slates-tom-jerry-live-action-movie-dec-2020-holiday-release-1250082

i thought the first alvin was an ok film worth a watch and hope this one is better. the plot may not evoke a lot of smarts but story-lines that seem absurd on paper may end up being endearing on film.

I believe they're taking the approach that Tom and Jerry will be silent so a lot of the humour will be physical. Design wise, I imagine they're going to be close to their original designs 

• Like 1