Spidey Freak

Scoob! | May 15 2020 | Zac Efron, Amanda Seyfried, Gina Rodriguez and Will Forte are Mystery Inc.

I understand the filmmakers wanted to differentiate themselves from past iterations, but Shaggy's voice is so distracting to me. Scooby talking so much is also distracting. Looks like it'll be a good movie though!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

If WAG were to ever break out with a huge opening weekend, this movie should and would be it.

They need it. I don't think they've even had a breakout since the first Lego movie.

13 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Trailer views And likes are very impressive

I think $ 70M OW could happen 

They sometimes don’t really matter. Think detective Pikachu 

13 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Think it's the most successful video game adaptation ever, YouTube was right. :monopoly:

This seems cute enough. The IKEA joke at the end got a chuckle out of me. Much better than those live-action movies from the early 2000s at least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheesypoofs said:

I understand the filmmakers wanted to differentiate themselves from past iterations, but Shaggy's voice is so distracting to me. Scooby talking so much is also distracting. Looks like it'll be a good movie though!

Scooby talking a lot (and not having his speech impediment) isn’t super distracting to me, since they already did that with Mystery Incorporated, but I agree that Shaggy’s voice will take some getting used to. 

43 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Pikachu debut close to $ 60M, not far from my expectations to Scoob.

But for me Pikachu didn’t make more because after the great teaser Warner drop the ball on marketing and part of the hype disappear.

49 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

$70m would be bigger than The Lego Movie's OW which I don't see happening. If Scoob does the same OW as the original live action Scooby Doo movie, WB would be very happy. 

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Pikachu debut close to $ 60M, not far from my expectations to Scoob.

But for me Pikachu didn’t make more because after the great teaser Warner drop the ball on marketing and part of the hype disappear.

I think Warner Bros will push Scoob more because Scooby Doo is one of their biggest animated IP and after The Lego Movie 2, WAG do need a win and also it will help kickstart other projects based on their library titles.

Trailer views for this are stronger than anticipated as it beat Soul with ease and does seem more accessible than Pikachu. But Spongebob a week later should be a problem. I am a bit more optimistic about box office but I’m not sure about breaking out yet.

$50M/$140M

10 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

If WAG were to ever break out with a huge opening weekend, this movie should and would be it.

they did that with lego1 but they over-milked that cow.  hope they don't mismanage this and tom-n-jerry after the films do good business

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Trailer views for this are stronger than anticipated as it beat Soul with ease and does seem more accessible than Pikachu. But Spongebob a week later should be a problem. I am a bit more optimistic about box office but I’m not sure about breaking out yet.

$50M/$140M

I think they move earlier to get some breathing room. 

This film's releasing near 7 years after the start of this thread. To put things into perspective, this thread was started before the release of the first Frozen.

WB making Kid Daphne wear the Wonder Woman costume in a film coming out just 3 weeks before WW84 is corporate synergy at its finest.

2 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

This film's releasing near 7 years after the start of this thread. To put things into perspective, this thread was started before the release of the first Frozen.

WB making Kid Daphne wear the Wonder Woman costume in a film coming out just 3 weeks before WW84 is corporate synergy at its finest.

It's been in development for quite some time as it was meant to be released in 2018. 

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It's been in development for quite some time as it was meant to be released in 2018. 

The movie also changed directors during production. Dax Shephard (???), was originally attached to direct and co-write, but left the project after I presume the negative reception to CHIPS, which was probably for the best.