druv10

Weekend Estimates: One Direction-17M, Butler-14.74M, WTM-12.61M

Friday Update #2: Sources tell BoxOffice that One Direction: This Is Us looks to be on pace for $18 million or so over the four-day holiday frame based on early Friday grosses. That's a solid start for the concert flick even though it won't match the $29 million tally Justin Bieber: Never Say Never managed over three days during its North American debut. This Is Us could have the last laugh though if it performs well overseas--a healthy haul in the UK is a given based on the band's origins--and ends up topping Never Say Never's $98.6 million global total. 

The Butler is looking like it will be #2. Official numbers are due tomorrow morning from The Weinstein Company.

Newcomers Getaway and Closed Circuit are looking anemic. Even though critics are ripping it shreds, Getawaylooks poised to perform better over the four day frame with around $5 million. Closed Circuit should take in $4.3 million or so over the next four days.

http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2013-08-29-north-america-one-direction-this-is-us-leads-fandango

If true, great news for us, who predicted under 20M 4-day in BSG. 

Edited by CJohn

Newcomers Getaway and Closed Circuit are looking anemic. Even though critics are ripping it shreds, Getawaylooks poised to perform better over the four day frame with around $5 million. Closed Circuit should take in $4.3 million or so over the next four days.

http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2013-08-29-north-america-one-direction-this-is-us-leads-fandango

If true, great news for us, who predicted under 20M 4-day. 

Posted Image

• Like 1

love the 1D number... would have liked more for the Fantasy Box Office Game but i'll take given it's only a 10m investment :)

EDIT - personally i'm not a big fan (is loathing to strong ?) of 1D but given my daughter is wanting front row seats.. what chance do i stand ;)

Edited by Jajang

I'm surprised 1D did so well on RT. But, I suppose with the amount of crap that's come out in the past 4 weeks, the critics were willing to grab onto anything semi-decent. 

I've found that these  concert documentaries seem to review relatively pretty well. Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, think they all reviewed well.

I'm surprised at the 1D numbers, but only because some were predicting the sun and the moon for that thing. There was a crazed prediction of an August OW record in one thread, which ain't happening. All of my friends with daughters are dumping them at the theater and escaping.  :P