rukaio101

The Anime Thread- Summer 2015

I prefer this season of AoT as its much more story driven than the mindless gore-fest of the first. Most of the sequels have been better than their first, seriously kicking ass.

I think Kado is my favorite non-sequel.

I finally finished all seasons of Durarara!!!!. And boy its a wild, wild ride.

I highly recommend this show especially if you loved Baccano! (witch is written by the same author) you are not gonna regret it.

My Love Story!!!! is up next for me.

Edited by Boxx93

On 14/5/2017 at 0:58 PM, SchumacherFTW said:

I adore Oremonogatari. One of my favourite romantic shows, behind Toradora. 

8 episodes in. I'm really loving this show. It's so sweet I'm gonna get diabetes from watching it.

Yamato is so kawaii and Takeo is such a lovable idiot.

Suna is hilarious as fuck. That plastic wrap scene and Yamato having "impure" thoughs are the highlights of the show so far.

Just got out from seeing the new Fairy Tail movie. Overall, I enjoyed it, but the whole thing felt reeeeally rushed. Part of that is pacing where it felt like some events were missing, part of it is some pretty rough animation in parts. But the movie as a whole was really fun. Juvia MVP. 

12 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Just got out from seeing the new Fairy Tail movie. Overall, I enjoyed it, but the whole thing felt reeeeally rushed. Part of that is pacing where it felt like some events were missing, part of it is some pretty rough animation in parts. But the movie as a whole was really fun. Juvia MVP. 

Saw the same. I personally thought it was absolutely terrible, albeit in an enjoyable way. Then again, I also think regular Fairy Tail is enjoyably terrible as well, so I guess it captured the spirit of the series?

2 hours ago, rukaio101 said:

Saw the same. I personally thought it was absolutely terrible, albeit in an enjoyable way. Then again, I also think regular Fairy Tail is enjoyably terrible as well, so I guess it captured the spirit of the series?

??? I wouldn't go quite that far, but it definitely wasn't perfect. Featured some incredible plot armor too. The buddy I went with said it was amazing, and struggled to form sentences afterwards though ?

8 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

??? I wouldn't go quite that far, but it definitely wasn't perfect. Featured some incredible plot armor too. The buddy I went with said it was amazing, and struggled to form sentences afterwards though ?

I also struggled to form sentences afterwards but I think for entirely the wrong reasons.

BTW, was it just me or did they never resolve that whole 'too much starlight makes the Stellarium explode' subplot? Because, considering the whole 'It will explode the entire kingdom' thing, that felt like a rather important detail they skipped out.

1 minute ago, rukaio101 said:

I also struggled to form sentences afterwards but I think for entirely the wrong reasons.

Hide contents

BTW, was it just me or did they never resolve that whole 'too much starlight makes the Stellarium explode' subplot? Because, considering the whole 'It will explode the entire kingdom' thing, that felt like a rather important detail they skipped out.

I thought it was made pretty obvious that this was a rouse in the end. 

1 minute ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I thought it was made pretty obvious that this was a rouse in the end.

Spoiler

It was made clear that it wasn't what Animus and/or Zack wanted to use it for but, unless I missed a line, I don't recall them ever really making it clear that it wasn't actually a legitimate problem and/or was just a ruse.

I'd also question why the hell they'd even need a ruse, considering they're planning on illegally stealing the staff regardless and the only one seemingly not on board with their plan was Sonya, who Animus can apparently possess just fine. But if I start tugging at those threads now, I'd be here all day unraveling all the shit that doesn't make sense.

13 minutes ago, rukaio101 said:
  Hide contents

It was made clear that it wasn't what Animus and/or Zack wanted to use it for but, unless I missed a line, I don't recall them ever really making it clear that it wasn't actually a legitimate problem and/or was just a ruse.

I'd also question why the hell they'd even need a ruse, considering they're planning on illegally stealing the staff regardless and the only one seemingly not on board with their plan was Sonya, who Animus can apparently possess just fine. But if I start tugging at those threads now, I'd be here all day unraveling all the shit that doesn't make sense.

Haha yep, that's a rabbit hole to go down another day. I'll just keep waiting for the series to return and explain that insane stinger at the end of the movie. 

16 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Haha yep, that's a rabbit hole to go down another day. I'll just keep waiting for the series to return and explain that insane stinger at the end of the movie. 

Wait, was there a post credits thing? I must've missed that.

1 hour ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Yup, there was indeed

What was it?

1 hour ago, eXtacy said:

I love Fairy Tail. Its my favorite of the big shounens

Okay... I gotta ask, but what other big shonens do you follow? Because, unless the anime significantly improves on and/or rewrites the manga, that feels just plain weird to me. In my eyes, Fairy Tail is the shonen manga equivalent of the DCEU. Inexplicably popular despite godawful storytelling. Or at least it has been for the last few years.

Edited by rukaio101

Fairy Tail was my route in to anime after I made an agreement with a buddy of mine (same guy I went with last night). I wanted him to watch the first 3 episodes of Breaking Bad, but he would only do it if I watched the first 3 of Fairy Tail. I got hooked, and am arguably more anime obsessed than him now, and he refuses to watch past the breaking bad pilot :/

So Fairy Tail will always have some form of positive bias from me, even if I've seen far better shows since. 

• Like 1